Fc40 owners

Reaction score
I have only had good experiences with my stock Fc40. What is the coolest thing that you you did to upgrade your fc40?

Re: Fc40 owners

thevolkp said:
I have only had good experiences with my stock Fc40. What is the coolest thing that you you did to upgrade your fc40?

+1 to that. I want to add a gimbal and goPro but scared to change it up as it's working great.

Cajvol94 said:
thevolkp said:

+1 to that. I want to add a gimbal and goPro but scared to change it up as it's working great.

Buy a second one! Sooner than later you will need it.

or learn to fly it so you won't need a second one, lol.

I'd get the flytrex chip and an SJ4000

Ohary said:
or learn to fly it so you won't need a second one, lol.

I'd get the flytrex chip and an SJ4000
Thanks that the kind of stuff I was looking for.

thevolkp said:
OK bud. Talk to me.

If this comment was directed at me, my point was to buy a second FC40 while they are available and somewhat affordable. Because sooner or later it will crash (mechanical failure or pilot error) and you will have a back up unit and avoid Phantom Separation Syndrome (PSS) :)

I am getting the feeling that my first upgrade will be the next generation phantom vision when it comes out. Having too much fun with fc40 as is now. Starting to save money to fund whatever it will be. :)

I'm perfectly happy with my FC40/GoPro. No desire to upgrade now but the Tali 500 looks promising when the time comes.

I love my fc40. Very disappointed at the moment with my fly time. I ordered an extra stock battery with my fc40, but it was faulty (would not charge). The shop i purchased from is replacing it (they were great to deal with - multirotorheli.ca) - so I only have the one stock battery. First flight was 12 min.. second maybe around 10.. but it's been a steady down hill from there. I flew it for the first time in over a week today and only clocked 5 min until it landed itself. I wonder if I damaged it somehow? My settings are all stock.

Anyway, needless to say - I still love the thing. I have (2) 4000mAh turnigys on order and can't wait to get them. It's an awesome machine, love flying it.. I'm just not getting very many minutes of this enjoyment at the moment lol.. can't do much with 5 minutes fly time.

best thing i did was get rid of the fc40 it was an utter utter pain in the *** to connect to my android samsung s4, also really did not like the footage quality at all. Go pro 3+ is an incredible camera and best upgrade yet, best thing when the go pro 4 comes out and assuming its the same size and weight it will hopefully allow for real 4k recording with an upgraded chip and allow some form of fpv as well

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl