FC40 Carbon Fiber Propellers

A lot of discussion on here about how bad they are .. Something to do with not flexible enough.???

Bryan,

as with any upgrade you have to give it some thought. I bought a pair as well, but first I did research. They are not flexible like the plastic ones so they will break if they come in contact with objects or cut you. Just keep in mind you have to do some more work protecting the props. You can either buy 9 inch prop guards or modify your landing gear to prevent tip overs. I prefer the prop guard method. Me personally, I like the props a lot :D I am not out doing stunt flying or anything, I keep it simple and steady for video and pictures, so I wont encounter too many performance issues and I am not descending fast at all as I am not in the stratosphere, just above the trees. There is an issue descending too fast with these that I do not have with the 9445 props. I like the benefits of these props, but again, I am not an adventurous flyer, I just like taking nature pics and videos :)

Beario said:
Bryan,

as with any upgrade you have to give it some thought. I bought a pair as well, but first I did research. They are not flexible like the plastic ones so they will break if they come in contact with objects or cut you. Just keep in mind you have to do some more work protecting the props. You can either buy 9 inch prop guards or modify your landing gear to prevent tip overs. I prefer the prop guard method. Me personally, I like the props a lot :D I am not out doing stunt flying or anything, I keep it simple and steady for video and pictures, so I wont encounter too many performance issues and I am not descending fast at all as I am not in the stratosphere, just above the trees. There is an issue descending too fast with these that I do not have with the 9445 props. I like the benefits of these props, but again, I am not an adventurous flyer, I just like taking nature pics and videos :)

Yeah, I use my Phantom mainly for photo and video, so my main concerns regarding props are jello-free footage and longer flight times. I do understand they are dangerous, as seen in this video(http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8d9_1407980380) so I will take extra precautions when using them.

Interesting video, but this is common sense. But, It makes no sense for that guy to fly a quad so close to him and think there is not a chance to have an accident. I always stay at a safe distance until I turn off the motors. By the way, these props along with a 2800 mah battery give great flight times. I am considering getting a 4000 mah battery now, but I do not want to modify the copter itself.

Beario said:
Interesting video, but this is common sense. But, It makes no sense for that guy to fly a quad so close to him and think there is not a chance to have an accident. I always stay at a safe distance until I turn off the motors. By the way, these props along with a 2800 mah battery give great flight times. I am considering getting a 4000 mah battery now, but I do not want to modify the copter itself.

True. What modifications are required for the 4000mAh battery? If you're talking about about the battery door, they sell this: http://www.shapeways.com/model/1110056/ ... terialId=6

There were lots of complaints about the wires and fitting them in along with the battery. Thanks for the link this may work :)

Yeah, I use my Phantom mainly for photo and video, so my main concerns regarding props are jello-free footage and longer flight times. I do understand they are dangerous, as seen in this video(http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8d9_1407980380) so I will take extra precautions when using them.[/quote]
-------------------
That was without a doubt the stupidest video Ive seen. Folks, you aren't supposed to fly it near yourself or others. I shake my head. Drunk or stupid, you be the judge of his actions.

AND judging by the way this fool squatted there and bled, he has no idea, no clue about possible injuries or the repercussion of high speed propellers. All that and he STILL had prop guards on. Whata tool.

Its a flying machine *******, get him a nerf gun and he'd STILL hurt himself.

DUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl