FC40 Battery

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the FC40 original battery 2200 mAh. I got my FC40 second hand with two batteries. I don´t know the age.....but they last only 6-7-8 minutes, depending how I fly the FC40. How long time do you have on a new batt.?

Both are DJI Batteries, and I have the original props 8" (marked dji) installed. I will look into getting a 2400 mAh and 9" props....are the 9" from DJI?

I bought my fc40 last week second hand and it only came with 1 Dji stock battery. I'm getting 13 mins with mine plus I've just bought a complete set of 9" props of eBay for £5 which are brilliant. I'm after more batteries and was looking at the aftermarket batteries which are 4.0 but would need to trim away at my battery compartment doorway entrance which I don't want to do.. So not sure what battery I'm going to buy next but I know I need one ASAP.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: René Wilhelm
Hi guys please help!!!! I've just bought 2 batteries for my fc40 and after several hours my first battery charged. Now my second is connected to my balance charger but the only light that is on is a flashing 2s , the charge status light isn't even on and it is connected correctly please please help. Cheers oh if I disconnect the balance cable that goes into the side the status light flashes green

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Cheers mate just been in touch with the supplier hope to have a refund by the end of the day.
30b925a52f807c501d21d3f31d538838.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: René Wilhelm
It was like that all day yesterday

Sweet do you find they are better than the 9" phantom2 props

Sweet do you find they are better than the 9" phantom2 props

I have only had one flight for 2-3 minutes in 5-6 m/s wind......and as you can see it is pretty stable! I will late to day take it out for a real flight!

Cheers mate just been in touch with the supplier hope to have a refund by the end of the day.
30b925a52f807c501d21d3f31d538838.jpg

I had the misfortune of buying 2 of those very batteries. Glad you were able to return them. There is definitely a production issue there. If you can, get the Multistar 4000 and Modify the door. its the best thing I did to get more flight time.

Well latest is the supplier being a right pain in the backside and making it very awkward

Hobby King 3S Turnigy 20C 2.2Ah for me. 7 minutes is my usual "timer" setting for landing before LV red flashes on a burst of power.

Now, if you want to add battery capacity, add a single external mount on the rear of the bird. With parallel power cable and couple notches in the stock battery door one can almost double the usual flight times and also better balance the aircraft when a camera/gimble is mounted on the front.

You definitely want bigger and more aggressive 9443/9450 props when lifting all the weight of 2 batteries, camera, gimble, VTX.

I avoid the external dual battery mounts since they block so much airflow but one battery on the rear and another inside the stock location seems to be a pretty successful setup IMO.

Upgraded to the 9450 props which are awesome. My battery is 13 mins flight time I thought mine was bad lol. Had a timer now fitted so will be once the weather improves will be out flying plus I've now bought a second battery

Upgraded to the 9450 props which are awesome. My battery is 13 mins flight time I thought mine was bad lol. Had a timer now fitted so will be once the weather improves will be out flying plus I've now bought a second battery

Do you know how much Ah the battery needs to recharge following your 13 minute flight time? Do you have an idea of the cell voltages after that length of flight?

I can assure you, that if you’re flying 13 minutes from 2.2Ah battery pack you’ll need another battery pack soon enough.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl