FC200 Grams? - & other cameras to mount on the P2V

Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone know what the FC200 and mount weigh?
I am thinking about removing it and putting something like this canon on board. I have to do more research on wifi specs but if I could get 100-200 feet from the wifi that would be just fine. This camera weighs 553 grams. so figure 600g with a camera mount included.
Still looking at good cameras that shoot RAW with wifi live view that I can put on the Phantom. I know someone is messing withe the SonyQX10 but I have seen less than stellar reviews from that and the go pro is not so good for quality on stills either.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/ ... ifications

Hello,i think the Ricoh GX100 or 200 is a good choice 230 gr, Intervall an fine Quality including RAW

Greetings from Germany

ResevorDG said:
gunslinger said:
Anybody try one of these?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/air-pro-2-w ... ifications

It has WiFi (which might be a problem)

-slinger

Just by looking at the sample photo on best buys web page it looks like the quality is low. But that could just be a bad sample.

I dunno... I'm hoping to see one up close this weekend. Some of the reviewers said the build quality was good, that it wasn't plastic, but metal... and that it comes out of the box waterproof to 30 feet... I'll let you know what I find out if I'm able to come up with one...

-slinger

You know you going to lose yor fpv of you do this.
Why don't you sell or and get a phantom 2 ?

I've been doing some research into this and if you want to upgrade, chances are you want better night shots. So you don't just want a megapixel boost, the problem with that is obvious on any phone / FC200 like camera. Your primary concern should be sensor size, then weight.

I think a couple of APS-C (second largest common sensor class) cameras were already mentioned, but they're not the best ones that I found after a few days searching.

The Samsung NX-1100 is 119 grams and comes with an interchangeable lens that weighs exactly the same. The camera is only 11cm wide, so you can fit it between the stock P2V legs, and it comes with wifi and 25 minutes record time on a battery.

I'm planning on making a range of 3D printed attachments for it.

Mori55 said:
You know you going to lose yor fpv of you do this.
Why don't you sell or and get a phantom 2 ?

Good question.
1. I won't loose FPV, when I find the right camera, and I have found several that could work.
2. I don't care as much about video as I do about stills.
3. The go pro is not as good for stills, but it is good for video.
4. I would have to mod out the phantom 2 to get a good camera onto that craft anyway.
5. When I want to fly around for fun and not care about photos I will put the FC200 back on the quad for the longer range and cool metrics that I has.
6. I already have some cool stickers on my phantom. It has a name and everything. :D

MonsieurAnon said:
I've been doing some research into this and if you want to upgrade, chances are you want better night shots. So you don't just want a megapixel boost, the problem with that is obvious on any phone / FC200 like camera. Your primary concern should be sensor size, then weight.

I think a couple of APS-C (second largest common sensor class) cameras were already mentioned, but they're not the best ones that I found after a few days searching.

The Samsung NX-1100 is 119 grams and comes with an interchangeable lens that weighs exactly the same. The camera is only 11cm wide, so you can fit it between the stock P2V legs, and it comes with wifi and 25 minutes record time on a battery.

Very cool! And that is APS-C?
You are spot on with mega pixels. I would settle for 6 if the still images were good.

I need a camera that is small and light shoots raw and has wifi live view and makes excellent shots, even in low light.

Well the Samsung is going to be your best choice.

I will post about the attachments once I've started printing them. The first one I'm going to make, as a proof of concept will be a simple replacement for the motorised lower camera mount. Basically a U shape that attaches to the rubber pieces that is suited for strapping the camera of your choice to.

MonsieurAnon said:
Well the Samsung is going to be your best choice.

I will post about the attachments once I've started printing them. The first one I'm going to make, as a proof of concept will be a simple replacement for the motorised lower camera mount. Basically a U shape that attaches to the rubber pieces that is suited for strapping the camera of your choice to.

Very cool. I look forward to seeing your solution.

ResevorDG said:
MonsieurAnon said:

Very cool! And that is APS-C?
You are spot on with mega pixels. I would settle for 6 if the still images were good.

I need a camera that is small and light shoots raw and has wifi live view and makes excellent shots, even in low light.

Does the Samsung do stills while capturing video? That's one thing I like about the gopro - you don't need a huge wifi range to control it, you can set it to take stills every few secs while the video is running and capture the whole flight.
Does the Samsung have a live video out that van be hooked to an fpv tx?

AFAIK the Samsung uses the same USB / HDMI combo cable that their top phones use. I'm not sure if that counts ... I bought the P2V initially as a learn to fly quadcopter, but have fallen so much in love with it that I'm making excuses (like this camera) so as not to replace it.

I've only just ordered the camera though. I'll be updating the forum when I get it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl