fc200 as standalone camera

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully been able to use the fc200 without the phantom. In other words, can I just apply power through the red and black wires and use the camera on another aircraft to take pictures and video etc. When I tried to do this the camera would not turn on. I am guessing the green and white uart wires are necessary...anyway to bypass this?

Thought I could mount it on another aircraft. While the FC200 might sell for $600 its definitely not a $600 camera. Lets be honest.

Should work with only power wires. Without the uart wires, you won't get any telemetry.

mine is working. Just hooked up the red and black wires to 3s lipo. The green and white uart are not connected to anything. The wires were not making good contact. had oxidized connector. fine now.

Luap said:
This guy seems to have done it
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12627&p=113995&hilit=plane#p113995

Its strange because when I cover with some scotch the two data (UART) poles on the audio connector I have no live video through WIFI either.
Maybe an older firmware?

I'd like to get this working as well.

the video feed and wifi module are both internal to the fc200 so the uart is not necessary, just for telemetry. your video feed issue is due to some other problem.

So you can view live video on the vision App with the Fc200 connected to LiPo only?
Can you take pictures and start/stop video as well through the app?

helixaviator said:
Thought I could mount it on another aircraft. While the FC200 might sell for $600 its definitely not a $600 camera. Lets be honest.

It's not just a camera. It handles a lot more than just taking pictures...

-slinger

Luap said:
So you can view live video on the vision App with the Fc200 connected to LiPo only?
Can you take pictures and start/stop video as well through the app?

Yes you can get live video and take pics/vid etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl