FC 200 firmwareupdate 1.3 is downloadable on dji.com

It's a bit confusing how to install this update,so here is how it worked for me.
Here you can find the update:http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download
It's named:
Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 Firmware v1.3.0g
Unzip
1. Copy the “firmware.bin” file to the root folder of your Micro-SD card.
2. Insert the SD card into the camera before turning it on.
3. Turn on the camera.
4. The firmware update will begin automatically. A yellow flashing LED indicates that the camera is updating.
5. When the yellow flashing disappears, the firmware has been updated. After a successful update, the
“firmware.bin” file’s name will change to “firmware.bin.bak00”. This file can now be deleted.
If this is not working(like me),this is another way:update the camera to V1.3.0g following the steps above , rename the extracted file from firmware_plus_v1.3.0g.bin to firmware_plus.bin on the SD-Card.
Haven't got a change to see what's updated.

Thanks, I had to rename the file for it to take as well. the update only takes about 10-15 seconds.

thanks

Anyone here find any release notes for this camera upgrade? What exactly does it improve, add, or fix??

BengalBoy said:
Anyone here find any release notes for this camera upgrade? What exactly does it improve, add, or fix??

looks like it was to support the app update for apple other day.. don't have iphone so not sure what it gives... but people seemed to be having app crashes until they updated. Assume rest of us on android will get update soon.. thought few people said they got it on android but I didn't see it unless its come out in last 12 hours.

Someone also said DJI told them there would be a phantom firmware update to..

It's likely for the LED communication to the app because that was not working under the previous firmware, and the LED display was actually in the old app's code 1.0.54, I enabled it but Mauizoom confirmed it wasn't displaying anything. At least that's one of the changes for sure.

I updated the app and now whenever I input any gimbal control the app instantly crashes and the gimbal continues to adjust until it is all the way up or down. P2v stock setup. I will try to now install camera firmware to see if this solves the problem.

I updated the camera firmware along with the main controller firmware. Vision app still crashing whenever i attempt to adjust the gimbal. Any ideas what to do now? I plan on deleting and reinstalling app first.

justin00 said:
BengalBoy said:

looks like it was to support the app update for apple other day.. don't have iphone so not sure what it gives... but people seemed to be having app crashes until they updated. Assume rest of us on android will get update soon.. thought few people said they got it on android but I didn't see it unless its come out in last 12 hours.

Someone also said DJI told them there would be a phantom firmware update to..

I'm pretty sure Justin has told us what the issue most likely is. He is good at researching and doesn't stop until something comes together. I noticed in one of the other forums on this site that pilots were having app crashes just as Justin mentioned.

Lol Frank thanks for that.
Unfortunately on this occasion I was just relying what I read as well :/

I have android so haven't got an update yet...

But yeah on the DJI forum people seemed to have luck updating the camera (if they had the new app)

You renamed the the camera firmware so it loaded properly ?? and if you go into assitant it says you have new version ?
Was just playing with a friends who has an iphone.. . we had to rename the file as others suggested in some threads.. His also was crashing but seems fine after the camera update.. but yeah little bit of stuffing around to get it to update..

Eastbayvision said:
I updated the camera firmware along with the main controller firmware. Vision app still crashing whenever i attempt to adjust the gimbal. Any ideas what to do now? I plan on deleting and reinstalling app first.

The firmware update and app update work perfectly for me. Only thing was the flashing yellow LEDs never stopped flashing for me. I ended up turning it off after a few minutes and when I put the SD card in my computer the file name changed like it was supposed to. The app also confirmed the camera firmware update worked.

huppe said:
It's a bit confusing how to install this update,so here is how it worked for me.
Here you can find the update:http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download
It's named:
Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 Firmware v1.3.0g
Unzip
1. Copy the “firmware.bin” file to the root folder of your Micro-SD card.
2. Insert the SD card into the camera before turning it on.
3. Turn on the camera.
4. The firmware update will begin automatically. A yellow flashing LED indicates that the camera is updating.
5. When the yellow flashing disappears, the firmware has been updated. After a successful update, the
“firmware.bin” file’s name will change to “firmware.bin.bak00”. This file can now be deleted.
If this is not working(like me),this is another way:update the camera to V1.3.0g following the steps above , rename the extracted file from firmware_plus_v1.3.0g.bin to firmware_plus.bin on the SD-Card.
Haven't got a change to see what's updated.

Tried the .bin and the _plus.bin both don't work for me?..Any other name changes that work out there? This is annoying as i have the new update in the iphone, but my camera will not update at all. Tried it 7 ways to Sunday and added the separate file names in several folders on the Micro SD card...Nothing.

The bin file should not be placed in a folder on the SD card. Just format the SD card then copy the bin file to it and follow the above instructions.

Is the firmware applicable for Phantom 2 Vision?

The update is shown on DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ only but the camera is FC200 for both.

Please advise.

Well that was a cluster...I found that your rename the file as....firmware_plus
Do not add the .bin at the end of it. But the funny thing is I never got the flashing yellow. I got flashing red for 10 seconds, then it turned off. Checked the app and its now up to date.

I have an Vision+ v3 with camera firmware 1.2.9 and have upgraded the dji app and sofar i have no crashes (app or bird). I don't have a clue as why, due to what appears to be a problem with most. When Im in my house after my bird has booted up and found sat's the camera goes crazy and thrashes around, but I have found that it's because of some interference in my home (it did this prior to the app upgrade). Outside it works perfectly.

Do you think I need to upgrade my camera to the 1.3 firmware? What be the advantages?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl