Fatshark V3 first impressions

Reaction score
To tell you the truth I'm fairly disappointed. I am not sure if it's because I was at a high attitude or the fact I still need to do the + vision mod but I wasn't impressed and it also seemed to really limit my distance. I didn't think it would make a difference on distance since it seems to just transfer the image to the goggles. On a flight route that I can get 4-6000 feet I was having issues at 2000 feet with weak signal and latency. Lastly I just got a windsurfer and that boosted that range from 4-6k feet out to 10k feet with unmodded system. With that being said the goggles still gave me that very short Range. Maybe once I get the vision mod I will feel different .

I have both the fatsharks and the headplay and both of them cut my range drastically. when I unplug the HDMI cable I'm good again. very frustrating, I've emailed all companies involved for suggestions to no avail. what is the + vision mod you are referring to?

I have both the fatsharks and the headplay and both of them cut my range drastically. when I unplug the HDMI cable I'm good again. very frustrating, I've emailed all companies involved for suggestions to no avail. what is the + vision mod you are referring to?

The HeadPlay HD wireless module adds some interference. If you only use the HDMI interface, you can take the HeadPlay apart and disconnect the module to see if that clears it up. It seemed to fix my issues.

Well I certainly appreciate that input! I have the same cut in range with the fatshark though and it doesn't have a video receiver in it, just uses HDMI input. But I will certainly disable the headplay wireless receiver and see what happens. Thanks!

I'm far sighted so I have better then 20/20 vision at long distance but I can see very well close up. So looking into the goggles in not all clear. Since Fat Shark doesn't put out diopters in the + I am going to have to resort to cutting some lenses from a pair of reader glasses and gluing them into the goggles to see better

I put my contacts in to see if the Fat Sharks would make a better impression the second time around. I must say I'm very disappointed. For something that expensive and near the top of the price scale I would expect more. The dvr only works with analog the screen seems a little flat in Hdmi 2d, lots of latency and severely cuts distance. Why is there so much latency when all its doing is receiving video from the controller through a cable? Oh and I bought a hdmi to rca converter and it didn't work. This unit needed and outside source to power it by usb. So I disconnected my tablet took the cord supplied by fatshark to the red, white, and yellow to the converter.Grabbed the supplied mini hdmi to full size adapter and plugged that in and used the usb off the remote to power the converter. I got nothing so just to make sure i disconnected the usb and plugged it into a computer. Still nothing. Does anyone know if I would be happier if I ditched the Dominator v3 and get the Hdv2's or maybe move on. To another brand?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl