Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Fatshark goggles with Vision Plus?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by AIR BOSS, Apr 9, 2014.

1. AIR BOSS

Can you use Fatshark goggles with the Vision Plus?

2. GhostMaster

I think you cant...

3. WeaponsHot

All depends on the device your using. I'm currently using a Note 3, with an HDMI adaptor. I have an HDMI cable plugged into my Zeiss OLED googles they work perfect. No difference with the plus because I'm using the phone to connect to the Phantom.

If your device has video out(phone,Etc) and the fatsharks have matching video in, I'm 99% sure it will work. You would not use the fatshark transmitter on the bird end of course.

4. varmint

I also use the Zeiss OLED Cinemizers in conjunction with an iPhone HDMI adapter, which works perfectly. Unfortunately, however the OLED Cinemizers are WAY overpriced at nearly $800 (yes, EIGHT HUNDRED). They even want $40 more from you for the rubber eye shield inserts (they block out light in our periphery), which add further insult to injury. So it's very expensive and not what most people would consider purchasing at that price, but again they do work very well and offer another level of immersion.

Another thing to consider is that (I believe) the new HD Fatsharks (the white ones) have HDMI inputs. If true, you should definitely wait on those before considering Cinemizers.

5. WeaponsHot

Roger on the price, bought mine 2 weeks ago from ready made RC they threw in the eye cups and a 50 dollar rebate. I did not want to wait for the fatsharks and zeiss was a known qty. I did not want to run into debugging someones new product.

6. Drone-Outlaw

Anyone know if the" Nexus 2013" would work with an HDMI adapter & Fatshark goggles as mentioned in this post?
    Thanks,
    Moose

7. funkdoobies

I just bought the slimport adaptor and it outputs the vision app to my TV just fine. I'm just waiting for the HDMI to rca and rca to 4 pole video jack that goes to the input on the fatsharks.

8. DaveMoi

Why not use a lightning port to VGA cable and a vga to composite video cable? (for those with an iphone :) )

-David

9. trickstar911

ive the same , they are great , ive tried using with my ipad ver2 but can only get 4.3 screen size . the option to change is not available . so i use the iPhone 5 s which displays the full screen . better experience .. but would like to us ethe ipad mini ... iam missing something ??