Fast drop from 1499 feet

Good anyone that is such an idiot to fly above 400 feet deserves to lose there drone what an idiot. it is idiots like you two posting this crap and endangering other people lives that has destroyed this hobby and caused these problems with the public. send it in with the flight logs and get a visit from the feds you idiots it has happened, Hopefully the feds will look your stupid A#% up from this post
Commercially done. Don't assume but thanks buddy

Reactions: Twilightdrone
Not everyone that flys is a recreational flyer. Don't just assume people. If illegal why post it. You would have to be pretty stupid.

You would have to be pretty stupid to post something that's illegal right?
The internet is filled with stupid people posting evidence of them doing illegal things.

It's unfortunate that your drone crashed. It's even MORE unfortunate that you seem to feel you can break the FAA altitue rule of staying under the 400's above ground level restriction. A broken drone can be fixed. A more restrictive FAA code or the loss of all drone flying priviledges is a much bigger problem that impacts all of us.

Reactions: pomonabill220
It's unfortunate that your drone crashed. It's even MORE unfortunate that you seem to feel you can break the FAA altitue rule of staying under the 400's above ground level restriction. A broken drone can be fixed. A more restrictive FAA code or the loss of all drone flying priviledges is a much bigger problem that impacts all of us.

Try to keep up. As I pointed out above, he isn't in the U.S., therefore FAA rules are irrelevant.

Need a tissue?

Sure is and I'm not one of them.
Sure you are!

You could have eliminated all of this aspect of your grief being dished out to you y stating it was a commercial flight, paperwork, etc in the OP.

You didn't, and most likely it wasn't. Onus is on you to now back up your claim, not ours to stop the harrasment for doing something stupid.

Reactions: pomonabill220
Sure you are!

You could have eliminated all of this aspect of your grief being dished out to you y stating it was a commercial flight, paperwork, etc in the OP.

You didn't, and most likely it wasn't. Onus is on you to now back up your claim, not ours to stop the harrasment for doing something stupid.

Tons of internet police here..

Why was your friend flying so high? The height does not matter too much regarding your damage, as you would have hit terminal falling velocity anyway from much lower, but 1499 ft AGL breaks the rules and recommendations in many countries.

400ft AGL That should be it!.

The other day a friend and I were out flying and his standard decided it was done flying and fell to the ground from 1499 feet.
Surprisingly all that broke was the camera and gimbal. It was ripped off and now it's just the 2 antenna wires and the plug hanging in its place.

I'm trying to get the .dat flight logs off the Drone but it's not letting me access anything.

When I power on the rc and Drone the light on the rc always stays red and it doesn't get any telemetry data on the app. Only thing it shows is 100% video signal 0% control signal. Weak control signal.
I have opened the Drone and all connections are good and nothing broken. All that's missing is the camera and gimbal. The little control board above gimbal is still fine too. Plug is good but antenna ends were ripped off.

Any ideas on getting the flight logs from the drone?
Would not having a camera and or gimbal installed cause a connection issue?

I'll post the video of the standard falling from the view of my P4. The video from the standard was corrupt.

Thanks in advanced

Sorry, this post is like catnip to a cat, I can't ignore it. Your Buddy may have two strikes already, First he was at 1500' when more than likely he had no business being there. Second of all he was so unfamiliar with his Phantom that he actually did a CSC in mid air. This person does not make good life choices, I would find friends that don't do epically stupid stuff. Really, I mean stop returning his calls and texts and stuff bro. If that P-3 had hit someone it would have injured them for sure and possibly even killed them. In a word, your friend is "THAT GUY". The one that nobody can tell what to do, and even if they do he will blow them off. He is the type that we unfortunately hear about in the news, and he is the guy who will ruin it for all of us.

Any ideas to why I can't get anything from the drone itself? More details needed as the app flight records don't show anything to why the motors stopped and went upside down. He thinks he may have did the dreaded CSC and it should show that in the log from the drone.
There's a you tube video of someone in China, presumably, taking his P4P to 400 and initiating csc and recovering by manually restarting the motors.

Reactions: FlashBuddy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart