failed software update

Reaction score
I am using a p3 pro and went to update the latest DJI software and it failed. Somehow it seems to have corrupted the existing software as all I get when arming model is solid red lights. Also during download the camera monitor light went to steady red. AT a loss how to fix this now and would appreciated anyone's help with this. Thanks, donnie

Try installing the firmware again by following these instructions. If the install fails, please give us the following information:
  • Current firmware version of the Phantom and remote controller
  • Firmware version you're trying to install
  • Version of DJI GO you have installed
  • Type of mobile device you're using
  • And, please post the log from your memory card

Reactions: Oso
Copy the whole contents of the SD card to a new folder on your hard drive and keep it.

Put the ONLY the firmware on to a blank SD card, no other files or logs. > Is it from the P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.zip ? "P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin"?

Is the Phantom battery fully charged?

After putting the SD card in to the Phantom and powering up and waiting, what exactly happens next?

Did you follow this guide? > P3 Firmware - HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware

Edit: msinger beat me to it! :D
yes followed instructions on update. Download I used was px3fwv01.08.0080.bin. Meaning I guess because I unzipped the file. Tried it again and same thing. Turn model on and after it does its stabilization camera thing arm leds steady red and camera monitor light goes to blinking red. PS yes battery full charge.

"camera monitor light goes to blinking red"

Do you mean on the silver gimbal body?

Do you have the controller OFF while trying to boot up the Phantom?

If you used a blank SD card with ONLY the firmware bin file, did you then inspect the SD card on the computer to see if a new log file and misc folders were created?

If so, what does the log file say?
"camera monitor light goes to blinking red"

Do you mean on the silver gimbal body?

Do you have the controller OFF while trying to boot up the Phantom?

If you used a blank SD card with ONLY the firmware bin file, did you then inspect the SD card on the computer to see if a new log file and misc folders were created?

If so, what does the log file say?
Yes sir. Controllers off, and aircraft off, clean SD card then load card power on model(no transmitter) and gimbal stabilizes with a fast series of green lights on gimbal body then begins blinking red light on gimbal body. Have left in this red blinking light state for over an hour and still blinking red. Model front arm lights steady red , rear arms blinking yellow. When I review log file it as many errors and warnings. Think this may have happened because I might have powered off during upgrade?? I.E. cockpit error. Not sure of this as I am now so confused I don't know which way is up! Also before I posted this help request I had tried many times to attempt it to function. Think this is why log file is so extensive. As we go along here I just want to thank you gentlemen for trying to help me resolve this issue. Hope now I have provided you with the data you need to move forward. Just heartsick over this and my bride of 48yrs. wants to hang me from a tall oak tree. Regards, donnie

Hope now I have provided you with the data you need to move forward.
It would be most helpful if you would provide the information I requested above.

It would be most helpful if you would provide the information I requested above.
As I don't know how to do some of the items you originally ask me to provide I guess I must surrender. I note that your Avatar says you are a approved vendor so I ask if you do repair work on these Phantoms? If not maybe you could recommended someone that does. As a last resort I guess I could call DJI support and get an RMA from them. Thanks again for your attempt to help. Be well,donnie

I note that your Avatar says you are a approved vendor so I ask if you do repair work on these Phantoms?
I do not repair Phantoms. If you'd like to pay someone out of your own pocket, then I recommend UAV Repair Shop. Or, you can call DJI and send your Phantom back to hopefully have it covered under warranty. I'm assuming they are going to charge you too though if they find the problem is being caused by user error.

As for my questions above:
  • The current firmware versions and DJI GO version are displayed in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO when your remote controller and Phantom are connected to DJI GO. The firmware versions sometimes don't display when the firmware is not installed properly.

• I'm assuming you know the type of mobile device you're using. If not, check for a logo and model number on the back of the device.

• Check for the log file in the root of your memory card. It's a file ending with a TXT file extension.

Last edited:
I do not repair Phantoms. If you'd like to pay someone out of your own pocket, then I recommend UAV Repair Shop. Or, you can call DJI and send your Phantom back to hopefully have it covered under warranty. I'm assuming they are going to charge you too though if they find the problem is being caused by user error.

As for my questions above:
  • The current firmware versions and DJI GO version are displayed in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO when your remote controller and Phantom are connected to DJI GO. The firmware versions sometimes don't display when the firmware is not installed properly.

• I'm assuming you know the type of mobile device you're using. If not, check for a logo and model number on the back of the device.

• Check for the log file in the root of your memory card. It's a file ending with a TXT file extension.

here is what my Samsung G5 when I arm it= App 2.7.2, Version 1.4.10+,Remote 1.6.0 and SN 03Z0676205. I have now cleaned text file off this card I believe as only the bin downloaded software file remains. Is this the data you need I hope so. thanks, donnie

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl