Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FAA Releases Micro UAS Committee Findings on Flying Over People

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MedinaTaylor, Apr 6, 2016.

1. MedinaTaylor

2. Air Ontario

Hmm no mention or reliability certification of failure rate below 1%.
    Not the same info I saw last Friday.

3. JBJO

Someone mentioned the other day (might have been you Air Ontario) that the media and Amazon are chomping at the bit to fly these things over crowds for obvious reasons... I agree, ....and this alone will probably result in rules being changed frequently before they come to rest on anything definite....

4. Air Ontario

Likely it was me. The info I saw, that allegedly was to be submitted Friday was 4 categories with a reliability number failure rate of (1%) apparently to define or determine airworthiness over people/crowds/populated area type uses..

I do however find it typical media left wing hypocrisy in that they have demonized drones almost daily and yet now all of a sudden see a huge money making use for them and can't wait to get legislation approved that will allow them to use them over crowds during news reporting.

5. druss2001

If the FAA does follow the recommendation, that would be one issue down. The biggest issue, IMO, is flying over property. Hoping that issue will be considered and resolved soon.