FAA Registration Rules Announced NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's the 5 bucks at issue here. It's the government thing. I'm on board with safe and sane flying. I am NOT on board with having to 'register' and get "papers".
+1 :cool:

Reactions: jryser
I am NOT on board with having to 'register' and get "papers".
What's the plan when the next guy is not on board, decides he does not have to register, does not register, flies his Inspire 1 at 400 feet over your home, it shuts off, drops like a rock, hits one of your family members on the head, and he does not come to retrieve his Inspire?

The FAA ca

The FAA can KISS MY ***!!! It really pisses me off when the government picks and chooses which laws they enforce, such as sanctuary cities. They want to fine me $27,000 for not registering my drones? What are they going to do when I refuse to pay? Put me in jail? I don't think so. Also, what is the real reason for registering?

There is a good discussion about this going on at Why does Govt ordered "Drone" registration concern you? | DJI Phantom Forum. The mods have asked that this thread be reserved for substantive discussion of the Registration process and not be used as a place for political discourse.

There are probably many valid reasons -- many involving safety. See my example above.
Since there is NO proof that this registration WILL make anything safer doesn't this fall under TJ stating to post only facts here?
Fact, AMA asked their members not to register. Ask yourself, now why would they go against it? Is there something they know that you dont?

Last edited:
This could have been much worse. $5 every 3 years is nothing and you only have to do it for yourself not each aircraft. Thank goodness because some of us have accumulated several over the years.

But keep in mind IF you fly commercially this registration does not cover that aircraft. You still have to use the N# registration system and have that # on the aircraft you use commercially.
Blah, blah, blah. Another example of the government not having a clue.

Since there is NO proof that this registration WILL make anything safer
If a drone causes a horrific accident and it can be easily traced back to the owner, how does that not make things safer?

doesn't this fall under TJ stating to post only facts here?
I think my comment is on point -- as I'm stating something documented here. Here's the direct quote:

"The risk of unsafe operation will increase as more small unmanned aircraft enter the NAS. Registration will provide a means by which to quickly identify these small unmanned aircraft in the event of an incident or accident involving the sUAS."

If a drone causes a horrific accident and it can be easily traced back to the owner, how does that not make things safer?

Since they don't collect the serial number of the drone, how is that possible or are you assuming the 'reg number' stays intact with the debris?

are you assuming the 'reg number' stays intact with the debris?
Yes. And, in most cases, I think it will stay intact. I haven't seen any cases where a Phantom crashed, burst into a ball of fire, and was reduced to ashes. It's possible, but certainly not the norm.

because flight logs, and fingerprints all ready do this. Can you show fact that someone who causes a horrific accident will be registered? NO. Especially if that was their intent.

I think my comment is on point -- as I'm stating something documented here. Here's the direct quote:

"The risk of unsafe operation will increase as more small unmanned aircraft enter the NAS. Registration will provide a means by which to quickly identify these small unmanned aircraft in the event of an incident or accident involving the sUAS."
You can quote a viewpoint from an entity such as the FAA does not mean that it's fact. Yes it is fact that It is "their" opinion as to why they want to impose this.yet NO fact that it works.

Yes. And, in most cases, I think it will stay intact. I haven't seen any cases where a Phantom crashed, burst into a ball of fire, and was reduced to ashes. It's possible, but certainly not the norm.
.....no my registration sticker will accidentally blow off every time I take off. Darn Chinese glue

key word above.

So.....the identification number they give us....we need to write it on our drones? They won't provider a sticker or something?
There will be lots of companies offering vinyl stickers with your custom number ideally suited to your phantom... great opportunity for a printing service. Otherwise you'll just purchase sheets of vinyl letters and numbers so you can fix them to your hull.

......it is also not the norm for someone trying to commit a horrible accident to go and register themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT