FAA Registration Rules Announced NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
not rules, recommendations and no it doesn't change, but you play at your own risk.
***As of todays date. Future restrictions to come.

The problem with that argument is that if someone was going to do any of those things, do you really think they would put an identifying sticker on their craft? Lets say someone was moronic enough to do this with some type of labeling. Lets see how legible that registration number would be after coming out the other side of this jet engine. Come on. It's just absurd.

I don't think I am disputing the length which someone intend to commit a crime would go to hide it (thought there are some stupid criminals, thank god for them).

I am simply disputing that they would NEVER EVER prosecute anyone under ANY circumstances.

But I researched it for you: Stupid Criminals

Officer: Hey you there - Are you flying a drone?
Hobbyist: Huh, sorry can't talk - focused.
Officer: Hey you! I'm talking to you! Are you registered!
Hobbyist: Huh, can you hang on for a couple of minutes please.
Officer: That's it, drop the remote and lie face down on the ground.
Hobbyist: Huh? Wha?

Can you guess the rest?

Although it is fun reading for a while, there is no value in this thread.

Those who feel we should have a law to account for everything we do every moment of the day will never see the light of those of us who see the downfall of a country from all the nickel diming petty anti nonsense laws being added to restrict the remaining freedom on Americans, this included. No need to discuss allowing immigrants in, firearm laws, 2nd amendment issues.

Laws only work on those on whom they will work, and adding more will never have any impact on the bad guys.

My advice is stop trying to talk any sense into those who want more and more laws, regulations, and fees, as it will not change a single one of their minds.

So if we don't band together, how do we stop them from making more laws and regulations?

Reactions: aka1ceman
give me a link to research
Here is 1.....
note “While this is one step we’re taking, it is not the only step that the government is taking or will take in the future when it comes to the safe integration of these technologies,” said Department of Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx in a briefing Monday morning. “We reserve the right to ratchet up or down depending on circumstances.”

Article Most drone owners will need to register next week or risk penalties

They are reserving the right to ratchet up or down. Want more??

Reactions: GadgetGuy and bighi
***As of todays date. Future restrictions to come.
Looks like I will hold off my purchase until the final rules are published. Was stoked to get my 1st drone. hate to get one and find out down the road it has to be tethered to your yard! Will used the grand I would have spent on more reloading stuff. Enjoy your hobby folks. Looks like it is getting neutered.

Reactions: damitjim01
Here is 1.....
note “While this is one step we’re taking, it is not the only step that the government is taking or will take in the future when it comes to the safe integration of these technologies,” said Department of Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx in a briefing Monday morning. “We reserve the right to ratchet up or down depending on circumstances.”

Article Most drone owners will need to register next week or risk penalties

They are reserving the right to ratchet up or down. Want more??
they will ratchet up if people continue to do stupid things...I agree

.....I have a feeling DJI will have a new firmware to rectify any issues with Google maps going away, (thats a whole other question) and implement these new changes into the firmware getting ready for the next step in the direction they are heading. :(

i live 3.5 miles direct from jfk intl airport and 5.5 mile drive, according to thes "rules" can i still fly

Wow just read the FAA rules for you guys at USA.
The big one -" must keep your UAV in visual line of sight at all time". That's it. Anyone who own FPV goggles here can now throw them away in the bin. Also no point buying the P3 Advanced and Pro over the Standard, since the extra range of Advanced and Pro will put your UAV well out of visual line of sight.
Sigh. I think DJI should withdraw all sales of their UAVs in USA as a protest.

I'd like to take a pause, and try to inject some humor .....

Boy, I'll bet Amazon's and certain inhabitants of the ..... "other side if the tracks" ..... are PO'd!
Not only might this curtail Amazon's sales .... but I'm sure it is bumming out people incorrectly associating it with somehow delaying Amazon from doing their announced "coming soon to a sky near you" drone deliveries, just when these dudes were all set with shotguns ready to "liberate" 5 pound packages flying over their squats.

<missing popcorn eating emoji>

Boy, I'll bet Amazon's and certain inhabitants of the ..... "other side if the tracks" ..... are PO'd!
Not only might this curtail Amazon's sales .... but I'm sure it is bumming out people incorrectly associating it with somehow delaying Amazon from doing their announced "coming soon to a sky near you" drone deliveries, just when these dudes were all set with shotguns ready to "liberate" 5 pound packages flying over their squats.

Here ya go . Ya can have this one
popcoen shake.gif

Oh I am sure that there will be special privileges for businesses when it rolls out in March. They will be trained professionals so it will be OK. This is my prediction. :)

Wow just read the FAA rules for you guys at USA.
The big one -" must keep your UAV in visual line of sight at all time". That's it. Anyone who own FPV goggles here can now throw them away in the bin. Also no point buying the P3 Advanced and Pro over the Standard, since the extra range of Advanced and Pro will put your UAV well out of visual line of sight.
Sigh. I think DJI should withdraw all sales of their UAVs in USA as a protest.

Not a problem I have a set of 25X150 Fujinon battleship binoculars, on a joystick controlled, alt/az motorized StarChair 3000 (from Chris Floyd in Oz) and I can see my P3 for a loooooong way off. :)

Small 2.jpg
small 4.jpg
Small - 7.jpg

i emailed the faa waiting for a reply they have one huge problem though most cops dont care about uav's and the ppl that do care r those crazy lunatics that call the faa so if u fly 3 miles away from yourself youll be fine because noone knows its you and a cop wont care to follow this "drone" who nows how long to its takeoff position. just my prediction so Happy Flying the same way as b4

Officer: Hey you there - Are you flying a drone?
Hobbyist: Huh, sorry can't talk - focused.
Officer: Hey you! I'm talking to you! Are you registered!
Hobbyist: Huh, can you hang on for a couple of minutes please.
Officer: That's it, drop the remote and lie face down on the ground.
Hobbyist: Huh? Wha?

Can you guess the rest?
Hmm... you then receive an **** probing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures