FAA Registration Rules Announced NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not law. It's a rule from an executive agency that is overstepping its constitutional authority. None of our elected representatives in Congress debated and passed this law. And even if they did, they'd be overstepping because our Tenth Amendment says that any power not vested in our federal government is reserved to the States/people. This is a State issue not a federal issue and this rule is therefore unconstitutional.

It may be time to start voting with the wallet. If these industries don't protect the rights of their customers, then perhaps they will listen when people stop buying their products.

A half pound drone isn't going to take down an airliner. No airliners have been taken down that I'm aware of. Bird strikes are frequent, and typically no big deal unless a whole flock is sucked down an intake.

This move is unlawful, wasteful of taxpayer resources, and won't produce anything useful at all.....at least not to the American public.

This is an issue for States to decide. The federal government has no authority here.

Amen brother!!!!
Sad thing is, it will take a test case and nobody wants to be the guinea pig and spend the $ to fight it.........yet.

For 25million in coverage?!?! I think it would be different here. Insurance co's are notoriously greedy in the US

While the subject is slightly off topic...

The insurance cost doesn't seem unreasonable at all. I have full liability coverage, including theft and collision, on an ATV. The ATV cost >5x what the P3 did and coverage was only about $75/year. I don't have $25MM in protection, but that much isn't necessary. Theft insurance for a P3 is likely minimal cost (especially when a deductible is involved) and liability should also be minimal if added to a homeowners policy (if you are not flying negligently, you _may_ already be covered under your homeowners policy).

If you took all the angry, emotional post made here in just a few hours and put that energy & fury into writing or calling your elected representatives that may make a change in the direction you want. Coming here and venting to the forum won't accomplish anything towards that goal.
Make a difference, write or call them. I know I have.

If you agree, smash that like button! :)
Yeah I wish everyone would do that. I still do it even though I know it won't matter. They are all in there for their own agendas.

, and we may very well end up like Oz ... that recently saw all their registered firearms smooshed by huge mechanical gun crushers.
Off topic but to correct some serious misinformation....
No such thing has happened in Australia.
There has been no confiscation of all registered firearms - or any that I am aware of at all.
This never happened and whoever fed you the information is telling a direct lie.

So, let's say someone crashes a drone, which they did not register, into a stadium. The authorities can still not easily find the person. What exactly is being "fixed" here?

Let's face it, the types of people that are likely to do stupid things with their drones are also the ones not likely to register their aircraft. Similar to how gang bangers don't go out of their way to obtain a carry permit for a handgun. It does nothing but create a hassle for someone who was going to obey the law or sensible rules anyways.

I'm curious to what this registration scheme is going to do aside from adding cash into the treasury and providing the typical government illusion that they "did something."

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

...snip...
United we stand, divided we fall. They took an elitist approach and pushed for registration on the "little people." The plan backfired, and the FCC took the advice of the AMA to implement registration. Only the FCC decided to do it in a fair manner and no pick and choose.

The AMA should have stood up for everyone and took a hard line against any registration. Once they opened the door, it was all over.

For me, this hits the nail on the head. The AMA doesn't represent me, a non-traditional hobbyist "little people". By differentiating traditional and non-traditional the power of the AMA did not prevent the DOT/FAA from lumping us all together.

There has been no confiscation of all registered firearms - or any that I am aware of at all.
This never happened and whoever fed you the information is telling a direct lie.
.......that your aware of. In the states, legislators know the 2nd Amendment, so they craft laws in a way to accomplish the same effect. Removal of a persons privilege by what ever means (or law ) necessary.
I can go down to Your local police department and ask for a protective order, (yet never seen you, and NO proof you did anything) and you WILL have a knock at your door to remove ALL your firearms.
Now many may think this is off topic, but this is what is and will happen here unless enough get together and go against it with UAVs

Ring any bells?

The National Agreement on Firearms all but prohibited automatic and semiautomatic assault rifles, stiffened licensing and ownership rules, and instituted a temporary gun buyback program that took some 650,000 assault weapons (about one-sixth of the national stock) out of public circulation. Among other things, the law also required licensees to demonstrate a “genuine need” for a particular type of gun and take a firearm safety course.

While the subject is slightly off topic...

The insurance cost doesn't seem unreasonable at all. I have full liability coverage, including theft and collision, on an ATV. The ATV cost >5x what the P3 did and coverage was only about $75/year. I don't have $25MM in protection, but that much isn't necessary. Theft insurance for a P3 is likely minimal cost (especially when a deductible is involved) and liability should also be minimal if added to a homeowners policy (if you are not flying WITHing negligently, you _may_ already be covered under your homeowners policy).
I was just amazed at the 25mil. I don't even have that on my motorhome, and its
Perhaps there might be a few other points in our community guidelines you missed.
Community Guidelines | DJI Phantom Forum
Well, I initially got onto this site to get help with issues I was having with my phantom. I will have to admit that I didn't read the "rules" of the site then, but I have now. It suffices to say that you, and your predecessor TJ, have served to open my eyes so to speak about how this site works.

Reactions: Reed L
They don't care when you crash into a car. They care when someone flies a drone over the Whitehouse, an active stadium or an airport.

Funny thing is, I can almost guarantee when they find that crashed quad in the active stadium they won't be finding a registration number anywhere on it.

Ring any bells?

The National Agreement on Firearms all but prohibited automatic and semiautomatic assault rifles, stiffened licensing and ownership rules, and instituted a temporary gun buyback program that took some 650,000 assault weapons (about one-sixth of the national stock) out of public circulation. Among other things, the law also required licensees to demonstrate a “genuine need” for a particular type of gun and take a firearm safety course.
It's off topic and this is not the place to start discussing it further.
I just wanted to correct the misinformation and stand by what I wrote.
Read what you posted and you should be able to see that it doesn't contradict what I said.
Contrary to what you may have been told there has been never been a confiscation of all registered firearms in Australia.

It's off topic and this is not the place to start discussing it further.
I just wanted to correct the misinformation and stand by what I wrote.
Read what you posted and you should be able to see that it doesn't contradict what I said.
Contrary to what you may have been told there has been never been a confiscation of all registered firearms in Australia.
....key word is ALL. 1 step at a time. Many were confiscated, as this is a good example of the new UAV 'laws'

ANY circumstance? Even when someone purposely fly above run way and the UAV (not necessary a Phantom) gets suck into jet engine and cause it to crash? Not even then?

Ok, maybe that's not bad enough. How about strapping explosive on fix wing then fly toward a plane taking off? How about then?

I think we all agree on not for flying in the local park, but to say any circumstances.........

The problem with that argument is that if someone was going to do any of those things, do you really think they would put an identifying sticker on their craft? Lets say someone was moronic enough to do this with some type of labeling. Lets see how legible that registration number would be after coming out the other side of this jet engine. Come on. It's just absurd.

Although it is fun reading for a while, there is no value in this thread.

Those who feel we should have a law to account for everything we do every moment of the day will never see the light of those of us who see the downfall of a country from all the nickel diming petty anti nonsense laws being added to restrict the remaining freedom on Americans, this included. No need to discuss allowing immigrants in, firearm laws, 2nd amendment issues.

Laws only work on those on whom they will work, and adding more will never have any impact on the bad guys.

My advice is stop trying to talk any sense into those who want more and more laws, regulations, and fees, as it will not change a single one of their minds.

Reactions: joe21
Although it is fun reading for a while, there is no value in this thread.

Those who feel we should have a law to account for everything we do every moment of the day will never see the light of those of us who see the downfall of a country from all the nickel diming petty anti nonsense laws being added to restrict the remaining freedom on Americans, this included. No need to discuss allowing immigrants in, firearm laws, 2nd amendment issues.

Laws only work on those on whom they will work, and adding more will never have any impact on the bad guys.

My advice is stop trying to talk any sense into those who want more and more laws, regulations, and fees, as it will not change a single one of their minds.
.....you are right. I was just about to say

Problem here is the news media created a nasty image of UAVs now were debating if its right to have to register or we should be forced to. Go enjoy flying now before you are restricted to your backyard.:D

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Can we still fly now? I wonder if when we register if we get a number at that point or have to wait. I see this applies even on you own property.
yes you can still fly, if you register online you will get a cert and #, so no waiting and yes it applies to your own property

Other than to say I can't post the links to the stories showing the disposal of confiscated registered firearms in Oz, because they are all pretty much related to the ongoing political campaigns this year, and certainly to the current events ... here in the US.
But I will definitely take you word for it, as the topic is one of the most hotly contended issue of our times, and certainly subject to very real presentations of .... fibs, untruths and outright lies. ;)

The point being made by the poster I was responding to though (with respect to what government registration can lead to) is not made moot by that at all, as I'm sure most would agree, and 20'th century world history confirms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor