FAA registration or 333 exemption? or Both?

Reactions: turbulence
So if I'm a hobbyist that wants to fly outside the USA, I need to do all the paperwork for the 333 exemption and then get the Sports Pilot Certificate ??

Sorry still confused here

So if I'm a hobbyist that wants to fly outside the USA, I need to do all the paperwork for the 333 exemption and then get the Sports Pilot Certificate ??

Sorry still confused here

If you're a hobbyist you don't need to do anything. If you wanna fly commercially (meaning getting paid) then yes, you would need a 333 exemption and pilot certificate. This is for the US only. Not sure what you do about other countries.

Reactions: T_Vela_CLP
So if I'm a hobbyist that wants to fly outside the USA, I need to do all the paperwork for the 333 exemption and then get the Sports Pilot Certificate

The FAA only has jurisdiction over US air. If you're flying outside of their jurisdiction the Section 333 Exemption would do you no good. You'll need to contact the air authority for the area you're wanting to travel to and find out what they require.

Remember the Section 333 Exemption is for FAA regulations and if the FAA doesn't have jurisdiction the 333 Exemption is of no need.

Good luck and fly safe :)

I just filed my 333 today with a third party company so now starts the waiting game! (sigh) Now onto the next step getting a "N" number - I hope it doesn't take too long. By the way how much is it to get a sport pilots license?

I just filed my 333 today with a third party company so now starts the waiting game! (sigh) Now onto the next step getting a "N" number - I hope it doesn't take too long. By the way how much is it to get a sport pilots license?

N number took me 2 weeks from mail to registered. Not sure how much sport license cost but my private license cost me a lil less then 10k. PPL is the most common license to get.

It varies but I've heard (aka read other peoples comments) that it costs around 1/2 what a PPL does. This is all relative because if some aspect of the flight training doesn't come easy you'll invest more $$ and hours nailing that aspect down.

Bryan, you can get our DIY Aircraft Registration Kit for $20 from uasexemptions.com which includes:
  • Step-by-step instruction guide for applying for commercial registration
  • Official Aircraft Bill of Sale forms
  • sUA Statement of Ownership Forms (requires public Notary)
    • For No bill of sale when purchased (but have receipt)
    • For Custom built drone or modified airframe
    • For UAS Assembled from kit.
  • Add the AC-8050-1 Forms for $5/form (or you can get them free from your local FSDO).
We can also do it for you.

The FAA only has jurisdiction over US air. If you're flying outside of their jurisdiction the Section 333 Exemption would do you no good. You'll need to contact the air authority for the area you're wanting to travel to and find out what they require.

Remember the Section 333 Exemption is for FAA regulations and if the FAA doesn't have jurisdiction the 333 Exemption is of no need.

Good luck and fly safe :)

Thanks for the help!

Bryan, you can get our DIY Aircraft Registration Kit for $20 from uasexemptions.com which includes:
  • Step-by-step instruction guide for applying for commercial registration
  • Official Aircraft Bill of Sale forms
  • sUA Statement of Ownership Forms (requires public Notary)
    • For No bill of sale when purchased (but have receipt)
    • For Custom built drone or modified airframe
    • For UAS Assembled from kit.
  • Add the AC-8050-1 Forms for $5/form (or you can get them free from your local FSDO).
We can also do it for you.
Thanks for this. Would you happen to provide any discount for a forum member? I might take you up on your package where you guys handle everything.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl