FAA N Number Length

Reaction score
Jut got my FAA certificate in for my new drone. Did it all by mail (would have been faster if had done online). But, my N-number looks like regular aircraft - 6-character, starts with N, end in two letters. But all the others I have seen are 10-character and look similar, but not like other aircraft.

Anyone else the same? Anything I need to know? Everything else on the certificate looks fine and accurate. Would doing it by mail at the official aircraft registration site in Oklahoma have gotten me this cool number?

What form did you use to do it?

I have N number registrations but they require filling in special forms from the FAA and getting them notarized. The FA numbers (10 digit) are typically done online.

It shows up with all my valid info. All the DJI info is correct. Listed as electric. And rotorcraft.

What form did you use to do it?

I have N number registrations but they require filling in special forms from the FAA and getting them notarized. The FA numbers (10 digit) are typically done online.

I did use forms from their site (in the section that said for drones) but it was mail-in forms (not online) and I did notarize. :)

Yep, that's the same procedure that the big boys use. And you have the standard format. Got 'N' numbers for all 3 of my phantoms. I put the numbers on the outside of the 2 rear arms just like the tail number on manned aircraft. The registration form is supposed to be with the aircraft, I keep mine in a pouch in the hard case.

Excuse me, sorry. N number? Yes. I have not received my N number. Yes, I do have a valid FAA license. But, but, they have already grounded my drone two times and I used to fly over by the window where there were two squirrels and they were married.... and then I switched from the p3s to the P4 but I kept my batteries.

Sent from my Satellite Phone using PhantomPilots

Excuse me, sorry. N number? Yes. I have not received my N number. Yes, I do have a valid FAA license. But, but, they have already grounded my drone two times and I used to fly over by the window where there were two squirrels and they were married.... and then I switched from the p3s to the P4 but I kept my batteries.

Sent from my Satellite Phone using PhantomPilots
Part 107 pilot certificate and aircraft/drone registration are 2 separate actions. Under part 107, each drone to be used for commercial operations must be individually registered. If you go to the FAA webpage and click on 'commercial registration', the site will ask for some specific info such as aircraft type, serial number, etc. you pay your $5 and get issued a registration number (uses the same 'FA.....' format as hobby registration). To get an N number, you need to fill out all the appropriate paperwork, including a notarized affidavit and send it all with your $5 to the FAA office in Kansas City. Right now, it's taking 4-5 weeks to go that route. Using either method, the registration number must be displayed in 'as large a font as possible' on the outside of the bird. And you need to keep the registration certificate with the aircraft. I keep mine in a pouch in my hard case.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl