FAA Guidance on Part 107 Test Questions . . .

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I want to stress to each and every one of our members that this is a PUBLIC forum and as such it's VERY possible that there are members of the FAA here. That's not a bad thing at all but actually could be good if they were to help clear up some of the confusion.

With that being said.... when you took the Part 107 test you signed and agreed not to discuss your testing criteria "test questions, answers etc" after wards. I have seen some pretty detailed discussions happening all over (not just here) about this and please know this is a VERY sensitive and REAL issue with the FAA. Regardless of what you think about flight rules/regulations they take Test Integrity very serious. I have a good friend who is with the FAA contact me just now and asked me to pass this information along to any social media outlets I belong to. So here it is and please take it seriously:

Now that we're into Day 2 of the UAS knowledge test, I'm starting to see a lot of people (understandably) ask about the test. As some have pointed out, you are not allowed to discuss test questions.

Full disclosure: I'm not monitoring social media for this type of activity. In fact, my current Position Description in the FAA prohibits me from conducting surveillance or investigations. However I've done plenty of both in my career and know that it has happened in the past.

The FAA takes this very seriously. Cheating and falsification are automatic revocations of your airman certificate with little to no chance of ever earning it back.

Be smart. Fly safe.

We know from experience that people can/do report forum posts etc to the FAA so let's keep things simple and not discuss test questions. I think we would all be better off if we kept the conversation "general" and only reference back to online links etc. Better safe than sorry.

Sincerely,
Allen

I may be getting old, but I don't recall signing anything of the sort.

Nevertheless, I will comply.

I remember it. I thought it was interesting that the Proctor pointed it out specifically and was very clear about what it was.
So no test info from me - except that I passed. :D

Last edited:
I remember it. I thought it was interesting that the Proctor pointed it out specifically and was very clear about what it was.
So no test info from me - except that I passed. :D
Yep, had me read it on the screen and then sign ti with the pen box similar to what they use for credit card purchases. According to the Proctor the FAA is VERY strict on protecting their test material! Not worth the risk!

Yes everyone who took the test agreed to it (possibly Terms of Use or something like that). If you took the test you signed it and you AGREED to it.

whether you signed anything or not, it should be our own inherent code of honor to keep from sharing detailed info about a test. It wasn't right to cheat in grade school or high school or college, it's not right as an adult either. Study, study, study and do your best.

Reactions: BigAl07
I have not taken the test yet and I DO NOT want specific test questions. The information I would find most useful is the general areas to study such as sectionals, classes of airspace, weather, etc.

Reactions: Ray of Light
Safety first all. If you are taking the test then you intend to operate as a commercial pilot. I would hope that all who do so are students of aviation and WANT to learn all they can about our national airspace and proper operation of all aircraft which includes the exciting FAR's (good bedtime material) as well as weather interpretation, aircraft ops etc.
Keep flying but follow the rules!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl