F450 & F550 ARF to ship with E300 system

Reaction score
Just found this on RCG, DJI is now including the E300 tuned propulsion system at no additional charge on f450 and f550 ARF kits. Anything ordered from DJI (by the distributor) after Feb 24th will receive the upgraded system.

I've heard great things from those who have upgraded to these of the f550. Very tight and responsive, balanced motors and props, perfect upgrade for FPV or AP/AV rigs.

So now the DJI F550 photography ARF comes with:
F550
H3-2D
Naza v2 with GPS
E300 propulsion system

All for 799 US. Heck of a value there.

Here is the Doc on RCG to retailers: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt. ... 1393044226
May have to sign in to view the link.

****.......gonna have to upgrade but how does this affect my flying times. I'm at 11:30 minutes right now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

FangsCPO said:
****.......gonna have to upgrade but how does this affect my flying times. I'm at 11:30 minutes right now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'm not 100% sure. But I have seen other people post after doing this upgrade, they where impressed with the results. Increase in flight time. Replacement props are balanced, no ESC calibration necessary.

I think it's going to be nice :)

e300 system can run larger batteries... so I am guessing there will not be any flight time loss- maybe even potential improvements.

The E300 system is a great improvement on the current DJI esc/motor/prop solution. It works really well and is very efficient. I only have the motors and props on my F550, I am waiting for two more escs to complete my F550 build. DJI recommends that if you cannot afford the complete system replace the escs and props. You will see benefits.

Tahoe Ed said:
The E300 system is a great improvement on the current DJI esc/motor/prop solution. It works really well and is very efficient. I only have the motors and props on my F550, I am waiting for two more escs to complete my F550 build. DJI recommends that if you cannot afford the complete system replace the escs and props. You will see benefits.

Thanks for the post Ed! I have to say, this is a real value infusion considering the prices aren't changing. Good move by DJI!

markab said:
Just built a F550-E300 no complaints fly's great.

That's great to hear! It seems like a no brainier upgrade! Certainly simplifies the prop balancing issue. Just buy and fly.
Frankly I suck at balancing props, so this is THE way to go for solid reliable vibration free motor set ups. I love the twist on props too. One less thing to worry about in flights.

Wouldn't mind seeing how the T'motor carbon props would work out, even if they are a bit under pitched. I hear they are a dream under load

Magnumb said:
markab said:
Just built a F550-E300 no complaints fly's great.

That's great to hear! It seems like a no brainier upgrade! Certainly simplifies the prop balancing issue. Just buy and fly.
Frankly I suck at balancing props, so this is THE way to go for solid reliable vibration free motor set ups. I love the twist on props too. One less thing to worry about in flights.

Wouldn't mind seeing how the T'motor carbon props would work out, even if they are a bit under pitched. I hear they are a dream under load

So you are saying that with this upgrade.....prop balancing will not be required?

re: no balancing necessary with E300

That is my understanding - they are balanced from the factory and they brag about it

re: E300 shipping with the ARF

Does anyone know where these are actually being sold? I've sent emails to several companies and none have them as yet.

ladykate said:

That is my understanding - they are balanced from the factory and they brag about it

Does anyone know where these are actually being sold? I've sent emails to several companies and none have them as yet.

I ordered mine from Helipal more than two weeks ago. Their website did not specify the E300 upgrade, but after a week of waiting they responded to my email inquiry and said they were waiting on the new upgraded version. I just wished they had mentioned this on their site so that I wasn't questioning the delay in shipping the darn thing.

ericty said:
ladykate said:

I ordered mine from Helipal more than two weeks ago. Their website did not specify the E300 upgrade, but after a week of waiting they responded to my email inquiry and said they were waiting on the new upgraded version. I just wished they had mentioned this on their site so that I wasn't questioning the delay in shipping the darn thing.

That's funny! I have an email from them dated the 5th (12 days ago) where they said the motors would be 2212 (not e300). Looks like the left hand is not talking to the right. Now... if they would just get some iOSDs in...

ladykate said:
That's funny! I have an email from them dated the 5th (12 days ago) where they said the motors would be 2212 (not e300). Looks like the left hand is not talking to the right. Now... if they would just get some iOSDs in...

Yeah...I basically emailed them that I was disappointed that there was no indication on the site that their inventory was depleted. I also mentioned that I would be willing to reconsider canceling my order and wait if I the model I was waiting for included the E300 upgrade. They said it was the E300...so who knows. And yes, my iOSD is also backordered :x

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl