Extra monitor?

Reaction score
I have a P2, GoPro, with Futaba and Black Pearl FPV. I would like to add an extra monitor by tethering off of the Black Pearl that would allow a separate person to watch my shots while filming. Does anyone have a recommendation about which monitor I should use or what set up I should consider? Thanks!

I'm not sure what the prices are like on displays that do NOT have a receiver built in, like are they significantly cheaper? Because if you don't necessarily want to have to daisy chain them physically you can always just get another BP display, tune it to the same channel and voila! done.

Remember your P2 is broadcasting an open signal that anyone or any device that can receive that channel can receive. You could have 2, 5, 10 or 100 receivers all tuned to the proper channel watching your broadcast. displays, goggles... whatever

Price is the reason why I'd like to have one that does NOT have a receiver. I was thinking about running a video output from my Black Pearl to another monitor but was curious if anyone had done this before?

Any battery operated monitor you can find that has a video input will work fine for what you want to do.

Mike said:
Any battery operated monitor you can find that has a video input will work fine for what you want to do.

yep what Mike said.

"has anyone ever done this before" ... yes :)

Lightbridge lets you connect two or more monitors to it using the USB and HDMI connector. You can use your mobile phone for one video source using Lightbridge App and the HDMI port at the same time so you can FPV with goggle and a display too. If you need more ground stations that will wirelessly transmit your video in HD real time they are available. It's the best solution on the market right now. Hit me up if you have any questions.

OverheadAerial said:
Price is the reason why I'd like to have one that does NOT have a receiver. I was thinking about running a video output from my Black Pearl to another monitor but was curious if anyone had done this before?

Check Amazon - they have a bunch of small monitors reasonably priced. I have BP and a Haier. The Haier I'll hand to client or video production crew who can pull a feed externally off Haier for uplink/ broadcast.

lucid111 said:
Lightbridge lets you connect two or more monitors to it using the USB and HDMI connector. You can use your mobile phone for one video source using Lightbridge App and the HDMI port at the same time so you can FPV with goggle and a display too. If you need more ground stations that will wirelessly transmit your video in HD real time they are available. It's the best solution on the market right now. Hit me up if you have any questions.

and here we go again. We all know how much you love Lightbridge but the guy very clearly stated he's trying to go with the cheapest possible option doesn't even want a display with a receiver built in, and you're here trying to get him to throw out his system and buy a $2000 lightbridge.

with all due respect, your Lightbridge-only-all-others-suck schtick and lack of respect for other people's requirements is getting a little old.

QYV said:
lucid111 said:

and here we go again. We all know how much you love Lightbridge but the guy very clearly stated he's trying to go with the cheapest possible option doesn't even want a display with a receiver built in, and you're here trying to get him to throw out his system and buy a $2000 lightbridge.

with all due respect, your Lightbridge-only-all-others-suck schtick and lack of respect for other people's requirements is getting a little old.

You should get what fits your budget. Immersion with dragonlink, and Fatshark are great

I have a Sony DVD player that is portable that cost maybe $50+ at Walmart. It has a video input that works fine from the black pearl. You aren't using the DVD part of course just the screen with the output from the BP. You might find that a cheaper option that buying a stand alone monitor just for FPV. The battery on that will last 2hrs +

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94