Extended range? I don't get it..

What flight times are you getting? What battery are you using? Do you need to use a High voltage Lipo?
I haven't fully tested plain flight time, but it definatly works great. It's coupled with the multistar 4s 5200mah 5.2v LIHV battery. This battery has been recommended by Dirtybum and a few other notable phantompilots here.

Reactions: RC Madman
I haven't fully tested plain flight time, but it definatly works great. It's coupled with the multistar 4s 5200mah 5.2v LIHV battery. This battery has been recommended by Dirtybum and a few other notable phantompilots here.

Is that brass or copper strips? I may make my own as I have most of the stuff needed. Plus those are overseas so shipping would be a bit more than I would want to spend.

That skin looks nice, I was thinking of flat black plasti dip or how about chrome Will have more scared people lol, oh wait! don't want someone trapping it with lawn chairs , can even paint the camera housing with plasti dip but it would be kind of a hassle.
Wouldn't do that, Seen a video on youtube of some guy plasti dipping his Phantom bright orange and then he apparently had range issues and had a fly away and never got it back.

Is that brass or copper strips? I may make my own as I have most of the stuff needed. Plus those are overseas so shipping would be a bit more than I would want to spend.
You can ask mandalay.. he has more experience than me since he is actually building it, and I simply bought it. Do note that mine worked great right from the start, and it is quality workmanship, but it did take about a month to get here to the US after he built me a custom xt60 extension.

Here's the thread: Dual Battery Mod
Scroll towards the top in this link^

Wouldn't do that, Seen a video on youtube of some guy plasti dipping his Phantom bright orange and then he apparently had range issues and had a fly away and never got it back.

Correlation is not causation.

It's rubber, aside from the weight it poses no risks to use it.

I bought this 28 gauge copper sheet from Amazon and cut it in 3/4" strips. I also cut a business card in that size and use it as a template to bend all the right angles before I do the same thing on the copper strip.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IX43HGE/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_xasnybTNJH7ZK

414e578f1c8e343383127d02076436d8.jpg

No insulation?!?

Reactions: Mark The Droner
No insulation?!?

Can't have insulation since it might be too thick to fully insert the battery in. In addition, there is a plastic wall between 2 terminals where the copper strips go in that separates them. So they are not touching.

I see they're not touching.... now.
But what if???

Not even cellophane tape would fit?

That's a lot of energy available should something happen in an accident.

TEHO

Reactions: mandalay
I see they're not touching.... now.
But what if???

Not even cellophane tape would fit?

That's a lot of energy available should something happen in an accident.

TEHO

Those strips are inserted into the slots and are not going anywhere.
I would search "battery mod" because there's a better way to do it...

Here's just one example: Dual Battery Mod

The first mod listed you have to crack open the battery and do a good bit of work. This requires little or no permanent modifications. If you are only doing long distance flights then the permanent mod may be a better option but for those that may only want to use a extra battery pack from time to time this seems like a much better way to go about doing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mandalay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart