Experience with phavic?

Confirmed today the foldable props cause adverse yaw when rapidly descending and abruptly leveling off. No issues with stock props. Aside from this, the drone is really fun to fly! :)

My only concern from your experience is getting the battery temp down some. Do you think it will get to hot when fling in 90 degree humid weather ?

My only concern from your experience is getting the battery temp down some. Do you think it will get to hot when fling in 90 degree humid weather ?

My guess it will unfortunately. I'm going to start monitoring temperature differences when flying for longer periods of time comparing folding props with stock props. Today I did a flight where I flew aggressively at higher speeds and then hovered for periods. The OAT was around 40F, but by the end of the flight the battery temperature was 51C (124F) I've yet to get a battery overtemp warning though

Hi John;

I haven't noticed the wobble, I'm going to do some more test flights this week and weekend, the only issue I've had was the adverse roll during rapid decent. View attachment 90883
I just wondering if these wobbles are related to the P.I.D settings. As these would be for the phantom shell they may not be 100% suitable for the phavic. No idea how you would tune them (as you would with a race quad) as ive not seen any pid settings in the dji go app.

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
I just got my kit off Paul Wingfield, cheers Paul. I have browsing most of the build threads on YT etc, but they all seem to be with the P3Pro or Adv. My question is about antenna placement specifically to the Standard, does anyone have photos or solid advice on where to place them?

Just started the process of stripping down my P3S, this is where I am at presently.
IMG_20171120_195144_1.jpg

A few 'things' I have encountered;
1. One of the screw posts under the main board pushes the wifi re connection micro switch and has to be sanded flush to avoid this. See picture, post position under main board circled.
2. I had my antenna located front right, rear left legs. Not in the sheath but horizontal, this gave me horrible reception and I have removed them from the legs and looking at external mounting them.
3. I have mounted the flat panel antenna's on the sides of the top shell as there is far more room and clear runs for the cables.
4. Originally I had piggy backed the original LEDs to the kit LEDs, this caused wifi connection issues (I have no idea why), the kit LEDs would not illuminate but the original one's did. As soon as I disconnected the kit LEDs all was working properly.

IMG_20171122_113613xxx.jpg

IMG_20171121_204322.jpg
IMG_20171121_204322.jpg

I have a bag of cap head screws but no indication in any videos about them, I take it they are the screws for mounting the lower and upper shell?

So you are using the Original LEDs mounted to the underside of the legs. The Kit LEDs, you installed but didn't solder to the main board?

Also, can you post photos of your flat panel antenna's mounted on the sides of the top shell?

I initially piggy backed the kit and original LEDs, but for some reason this stopped the wifi connecting! For theoriginal LED strip, I just drilled a 5mm hole through the bottom cover and hot glued the lens on the bottom.
IMG_20171122_133317.jpg

Last edited:
Cool. Thanks. I haven't started yet. I'm trying to gather as many tips as I can first.

Are you finished with yours? Can you post some photos of yours? I'm interested in the LEDs and how they look. I understand the kit LEDs are difficult to see from the ground.

I also heard the kit LEDs were a bit weak, which is why I opted to install the original ones. I still have mine in 2 halves, I am going to install the antenna's externally and vertical as I was getting horrible reception with them in the arms.

They are the flat panel antenna that connect to the gimbal, for external mount I was referring to the antenna that were originally in the legs of the Phantom.

Some more pics of my progress.
LED lenses fitted.

IMG_20171123_141900.jpg

IMG_20171123_134326.jpg

I had to sand down the lens for the front legs so there was clearance when the legs were folded.
IMG_20171123_141901.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94