Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

ERRORS

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Steve Woodhall, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Steve Woodhall

Hey there,

Was looking for some advice...

I was flying my P3A last night, was just hovering at 100ft, and had a bunch of errors pop up, Not sure how you access the internal error log to review them, but they were like;

Motor obstructed
    ESC Error
    Ultrasonic System Error Please land as soon as Possible

But it was flying ok, was not near anything at all. so I landed and power cycled everything, then all errors were then gone and it was flying normal again.

Is this a known bug in the firmware or something?

2. Reed L

No, it happens. Could be a number of things including a bug or bird strike, sand in the motor, loose prop, etc. The motor slows for a split second and the error comes on. All's well if it resets.

3. Steve Woodhall

Hi Reed, Thanks a lot for the advice. much appreciated.

Steve

4. alokbhargava

First two errors are related. First one means there was a moment when motor didn't pickup speed as desired and second one points to the fact that ESC tried to push more current and reached the error level. Please check the motors, blow pressurized air, follow good practice of tightening props by one finger...

Don't know why did you get ultrasonic error. Did you fly very low on water or shiny surface or on a surface with no pattern? This is not an alarming issue. Keep VPS off when flying out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

5. flyNfrank

I would never ignore those type of warnings should they ever come up. Get the aircraft on the ground asap. Seems like a/c firmware 1.9.6 and GO past 2.8.3 have had some crazy issues. Those that have rolled back the firmwares return to normal.