Erroneous Warnings

Someone remind me what positive value is from the new firmware.
Only thing I can tell is that my slight gimble twitch might be gone now. I have not seen it. Other than that not much. But I"m still having a weird camera thing happening when trying to take photos at night. And it's intermittent. Does it here and there. My camera turns and points right at landing gear and then slowly drifts back to square. Doesn't even take a pic btw. Then it just comes out of it and is fine. Weird!!!

This isn't what others are saying. Most die hard 2.4 users from P4 and P3P days assumed also with conventional wisdom that 2.4 would work better for distance, but not so with P4P for some strange reason. Most folks attribute it to the lack of 5.8 band interference, and the less capability of any interference from inside a building has a harder time going through walls, into drone territory. As long as you have LOS connection (no trees or buildings in between you and the drone), 5.8 will go 5 miles, even in populated areas. Being elevated on a hill and flying below helps a lot with distance, but 5.8 is the bees knees for distance.
Bee's Knee's!! Love it! LOL!

If you are using the latest it is crap !!! Buggy as heck and lost key functionality. I suggest reverting back to the latest previous versions for RC and AC ... GL300E_RC_V1130_20170307.bin for the RC and then load V01.03.0509 in the AC. Use the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 (it has been updated) to load the aircraft. Place the RC firmware on your SD card and load it via the card slot in the back of the RC. After loading in the RC, connect it to your Assistant S/W on your PC via the supplied cables and reset it to factory defaults. Disconnect it from the PC, start up the RC, then go in and turn on the WIFI, download the local map for your area, log into your DJI account, download all of your previous flight information, then turn off the WIFI, turn on the AC and connect. That should do it. I know this is all a real pain and if the firmware had been coded with some quality and testing rigor and not lost any functionality or stability we all wouldn't be going through all of these gyrations !!!

I was flying a MapPilot mission Saturday, it should have been an easy 1 battery mapping job but the P4P did a RTH at 44%. Whats the last good firmware I can get?
If you are using the latest it is crap !!! Buggy as heck and lost key functionality. I suggest reverting back to the latest previous versions for RC and AC ... GL300E_RC_V1130_20170307.bin for the RC and then load V01.03.0509 in the AC. Use the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 (it has been updated) to load the aircraft. Place the RC firmware on your SD card and load it via the card slot in the back of the RC. After loading in the RC, connect it to your Assistant S/W on your PC via the supplied cables and reset it to factory defaults. Disconnect it from the PC, start up the RC, then go in and turn on the WIFI, download the local map for your area, log into your DJI account, download all of your previous flight information, then turn off the WIFI, turn on the AC and connect. That should do it. I know this is all a real pain and if the firmware had been coded with some quality and testing rigor and not lost any functionality or stability we all wouldn't be going through all of these gyrations !!!

Based upon another thread, the ability to use a prior firmware version via the Assistant has been removed by DJI.

Unbelievable ... Hopefully there are plenty of us out there that can provide the firmware files to users needing them.

just wondered if anyone has tried it and what steps they took to do it? Did they use DJI Assistant 2 software to do it and how?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94