Erroneous Warnings

Reaction score
Today during one flight I received three warnings at once-1) critical low battery (it was actually at 54%), 2) motor overload, and 3) propeller loose. I immediately landed the Aircraft and checked it. Nothing appeared abnormal. Next flight no warnings. The Airdata flight logs did not show any of these warnings. Anyone have an explanation for all of this?

If you are on the latest firmware released in the beginning of June, I am not surprised. Downgrade to the previous versions for the RC and AC and get stable results back until they get their act together on a fix to the '602 release" debacle !!!

I've seen weird warnings like this too, but only once when I got my P4P initially. I had just updated the firmware the day I got it, mid May. When it happened I was ready to return the craft, as I had never seen such a warning of battery critically low, and my battery was at 80%. I thought I had a lemon. Then of course I got all the wind warnings while flying, that's such a PITA. However, I never saw the battery warning again, and I've got about 30 flights logged. I sure wish I could turn off the wind warning, which are always red herrings.

Never had it happen before or since. Seems to be a one-off event. However, I get constant "strong interference" warnings since the "great" new firmware.

FYI - the only way to stop the interference warnings is to immediately switch to the 5.8G comm freq. before each flight - it actually works better than the default freq. It is a problem definitely associated with the default 2.4G freq. upon RC startup. It would be nice if you could set it and it would RETAIN it when starting up again !!! All I can ask is what is better with this latest release??? Nothing, no improvements noted as far as I am concerned, just things that used to work without issue, now have issues ... very poor regression testing with their software division of programmers ... for sure. The lesson learned for me is to NOT trust any future releases UNTIL they are well vetted by the user community, for at least a month, before I decide to do any future upgrades to my hardware.

Last edited:
Why isn't the 5.8G the default freq. since it's performance appears to be superior to 2.4G? Is there any downside to 5.8?

I found that the location your launching at can do this, I received three or four error messages on different days at the same location. As soon as I flew 100 + ft away the error messages disappeared. Here's a pic of what caused mine.. :)
work04-5.jpg

My point is that the issues we all are experiencing with the frequencies and warnings about interference associated with the newest firmware DID NOT EXIST with previous versions ... the problems are with the software (not well tested or proven to be bug-free), not local interference or our hardware. Until they get it to an acceptable quality level, I would strongly suggest downgrading to the previous versions of firmware and waiting until they fix the mess they created in the recent release.

Why isn't the 5.8G the default freq. since it's performance appears to be superior to 2.4G? Is there any downside to 5.8?
No downsides ... in fact it performs better than the 2.4 G setting. Unknown why it can't be selected and stored at either preference ... it should allow you to set a preference frequency and keep it there until you change it ... it doesn't do that ... you have change it EVERY time you restart the RC.

After a little investigating it appears the 5.8 is not as effective for long distance as the 2.4. That maybe the time 2.4 needs to be used.

No downsides ... in fact it performs better than the 2.4 G setting. Unknown why it can't be selected and stored at either preference ... it should allow you to set a preference frequency and keep it there until you change it ... it doesn't do that ... you have change it EVERY time you restart the RC.
Mine stays set @ 5.8

How did you get it to stay? What firmware version are you currently running? It it loaded in a P4P+ Controller?

So ... your Go4 app is not running in a "plus controller" but in an external cell-phone or iPad connected to the RC ... apparently the setting is saved in that software for that device ... not so that I have experienced in the plus device :-(. If anyone knows how to save that setting in the plus device please let the "plus owners" know.

I was flying a MapPilot mission Saturday, it should have been an easy 1 battery mapping job but the P4P did a RTH at 44%. Whats the last good firmware I can get?

Originally it did revert back to 2.4 a few times but it finally stopped doing that , I use the old 1.3xx FW. I use a P4P
This is exactly what I experienced. I was annoyed at first with the Go4 app changing back to 2.4Ghz all the time, but then it stopped doing it and stays at 5.8Ghz. My firmware version is in my signature.

Yeah it does stay on 2.4 with the new firmware. It's pretty stupid to have to change that back each time!

This is exactly what I experienced. I was annoyed at first with the Go4 app changing back to 2.4Ghz all the time, but then it stopped doing it and stays at 5.8Ghz. My firmware version is in my signature.
Mine did not stop doing it yet John!

After a little investigating it appears the 5.8 is not as effective for long distance as the 2.4. That maybe the time 2.4 needs to be used.
This isn't what others are saying. Most die hard 2.4 users from P4 and P3P days assumed also with conventional wisdom that 2.4 would work better for distance, but not so with P4P for some strange reason. Most folks attribute it to the lack of 5.8 band interference, and the less capability of any interference from inside a building has a harder time going through walls, into drone territory. As long as you have LOS connection (no trees or buildings in between you and the drone), 5.8 will go 5 miles, even in populated areas. Being elevated on a hill and flying below helps a lot with distance, but 5.8 is the bees knees for distance.

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1