Erratic behaviour with Litchi waypoint mode

Reaction score
Had a couple of unsettling experiences last week. I have used Litchi very successfully with P3, P4, Mavic and P4P on many occasions. These two were quite different.

These were planned waypoint flights but Instead of going to altitude and then moving to the first waypoint the drone hovered about 2.5 metres above the ground. Too high to grab so I managed to terminate Litchi and regain manual control - in a fashion. The controls went squirly - ie. Pushing forward on the right hand stick sent the drone up rather than forward, pushing back on the right stick brought it down enough so I could grab it. Holding the drone I pulled the left stick back to stop the motors and they immediately went to full speed. Finally managed to shut it down by holding down the RTH button at the same time.

I shut the drone down and fired up DJI GO and everything was fine. So I tried Litchi again and everything behaved flawlessly.

Next day the same thing happened - first Litchi flight went crazy, motors spinning at top speed, hovering etc. Emergency shutdown, DJI GO worked fine and then the remainder of the Litchi flights that day behaved themselves.

I cannot understand what could have happened although I note that there are issues with Litchi and the latest DJI firmware that I had just uploaded (although posts indicate the Waypoint mode is not affected).

Really the reason I am posting this is to say to anyone who is using Litchi, if your drone hovers within grabbing range rather than moving off correctly, grab it and hit RTH and pull back the left joystick - thats the only way I could stop the drone. Mind you I had a helper as 3 hands are required to do this!

Android or IOS.?

Scary. I used Litchi yesterday with my P4P. The only glitch I encountered was the drone failing a pano mission unless it was set in "legacy" mode. Hopefully these anomalies will be resolved soon, which is in their own best interest.

Scary. I used Litchi yesterday with my P4P. The only glitch I encountered was the drone failing a pano mission unless it was set in "legacy" mode. Hopefully these anomalies will be resolved soon, which is in their own best interest.
Was the 'failure' severe drifting when taking the pano shots, M1shootr? Myself and another member have already experienced this with our P3A/P3P's and discussed it here:- New Litchi Pano Mode Drifts with P3A

There is a known issue in the latest DJI firmware that broke some thing(s) in the SDK used by third parties to interface with the aircraft. The bug(s) result in erratic behavior under certain autonomous modes. Litchi, Autopilot, are known to be effected, however it is likely that any third-party app using these parts of the DJI SDK (which would be all of them, I would think) are probably effected.

However! Normal Waypoint Missions are supposedly unaffected, so this is very disturbing to hear. That's two users in this thread reporting problems with the new firmware, Litchi, and Waypoint Missions.

No I was just doing a standard waypoint mission with a photo at each waypoint as I have done many times before.
Sorry Ian Gr - my post was addressed at M1shootr - but thanks for your reply, nonetheless.

What is SDK - I'm a newb.
Those are all of the interface hooks and protocols that a prime developer provides to third party app developers so that they can write code that can interface to their product. In this case, the information that DJI provides so apps like Litchi, and others can talk to the phantoms.

There is a known issue in the latest DJI firmware that broke some thing(s) in the SDK used by third parties to interface with the aircraft. The bug(s) result in erratic behavior under certain autonomous modes. Litchi, Autopilot, are known to be effected, however it is likely that any third-party app using these parts of the DJI SDK (which would be all of them, I would think) are probably effected.

However! Normal Waypoint Missions are supposedly unaffected, so this is very disturbing to hear. That's two users in this thread reporting problems with the new firmware, Litchi, and Waypoint Missions.

Had a waypoint mission going yesterday when a bi plane decided to do a low fly past. I cancelled mission and took control - put
Into home lock mode to fly back but sticks seem to operate backwards. I.e. Pull back Made bird fly away etc. Switched to sport mode then back again and flew back normally.

30 minutes of missions before then had gone without a hitch

Are y'all using a P4? Did you not get this from Litchi? In your profile at Litchi turn on to get emails from them. See below. I received this on March 7th.

DJI Firmware Update Issue

Dear Litchi Pilots,

There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.

The Litchi Team

Had a waypoint mission going yesterday when a bi plane decided to do a low fly past. I cancelled mission and took control - put
Into home lock mode to fly back but sticks seem to operate backwards. I.e. Pull back Made bird fly away etc. Switched to sport mode then back again and flew back normally.

30 minutes of missions before then had gone without a hitch
I heard about this in another thread -- Home Lock sticks acting in reverse. Anyone else encounter this? (directly or second-hand on the internet)

Had an issue with homelock the other day - had to cancel a mission then w my to home lock and then quad started to fly in reverse input - switched to sport mode and back to p mode then re engaged
Home lock and it was fine -

Flying on Saturday with Litchi Mission, all go as planned then - stopped. Bird just sat there - again flipped to sport more and flew back manually - very strange

In my case I lost video feed and had no idea what was going on. Still had a small LOS - but man was that nerve racking. I'll stick to DJI Go for now until Litchi gets their act together.

I did a 12min mission today, the Mavic flew the waypoints perfect but the gimbal behaved erratically at times, not sure why.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl