Emergency flotation bladder

I bought a couple of Gettrbacks a while ago. Dunked one in water, waited overnight. Nothing happened. Dunked the other in the water. Waited overnight. Nothing happened. It was a nice idea but just doesn't seem to be reliable enough. Flying over water is a risk. So is flying around 200 foot trees. Oh well....

When we first started with the Phantom Rain Wet Suits about 2 years ago I made offer with the guy that owns Getterback to purchase it from him .

At that time he said he was really working on trying to improve the product before he would considering selling it to me.

No improvements as of yet.

The GetterBack rig has water depth limitations that make it unsuitable for my situation. What I propose would make the drone recoverable with a surfboard or kayak, no need for "a big ocean going boat with twin screw props close and handy." Also wind, current and surf would tend to move the float to shore. It might not work in every case, but it would be a LOT better than the little GetterBack, and it could sell for under $100. DJI Care Refresh covers water damage, but only if I have the dead body to return to them.
But if DJI has stopped making phantoms how would it get refreshed?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart