Email from DJI - Pull v3.10 firmware now!

Reaction score
Just got this email this morning:

=================================================

Dear DJI Customer,

There have been a small number of reported issues with the latest Phantom firmware, v3.10. In response to these reports, DJI has proactively suspended this firmware update.

If you already updated your Phantom firmware to v3.10, please reset your firmware to the prior version (v3.08) immediately. To do this, connect your Phantom to your PC, launch the DJI Phantom Assistant software, and follow the standard procedures for updating your firmware. V3.08 has now been designated as the latest version, and your Phantom will be reset.

If you have not yet updated your Phantom firmware to v3.10, and your current firmware version is v3.08, no action is necessary.

If you are running an older Phantom firmware version, DJI suggests that you update to v3.08 now.

Check your firmware status and apply any available updates by connecting your Phantom to your PC, launching the DJI Phantom Assistant software, and clicking “Upgrade”.

iOS Note: Some iOS users may experience issues when using Phantom firmware v3.08 with the latest iOS app (v1.0.46). To address this issue, an updated iOS app (v1.0.48) has been submitted to the App Store for approval and will be available soon. If you require the VISION app to fly safely, please wait for the updated app. No update is required for the Android version of the VISION app.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].

==========================================================

I deleted my assistant and re-downloaded it. Not sure if that was needed. When I hooked up to the software it showed the DJI official current version is 3.08. I had v3.10 showing as my quad's firmware. It said "no update needed". So that's a bit confusing. Wouldn't you think it would say "Update (or downgrade) Needed!". Nope. But if you happen to think to click the green v3.10 firmware line you can change to v3.08. I got a screen asking if I really wanted to update. I said yes, lots of beeping and a recycle - now I'm back to v3.08.

Eltrochaphantom said:
Finally DJI admits something

No kidding! I wonder if Chinese has a word similar to the Russian word Glasnost? Either way it's an encouraging sign. Hopefully they will see that admitting a fault and acting in a proactive customer oriented way won't cause them to lose "face". It will force us to "give face" to them. If I have that right.

Well bugger me!!

Eltrochaphantom said:
Finally DJI admits something

To be fair they also admitted to the Inspire 1 bug, and advised people not to fly until they got their prop locks. I'm hopeful that this further sign of being more open and honest with us is the wind of change continuing to blow through the organisation.

Perhaps they have twigged that they actually got a positive response from most people when they held their hands up over the Inspire 1 - people understand that bugs happen. What people didn't like was the silence, shadow firmware releases and unannounced firmware withdrawals of old with no information as to why and no acknowledgement of any issues. Tell us about them, tell us have to revert, fix it, reissue. Most people absolutely get that process and are used to it from other electronic devices they own. Thumbs up to DJI from me if this does mark a shift in culture (although with that comes the need to tighten up on QC...)

I agree. The DJI employee who decided to send out the notice is taking a risk in his culture. I sent an email to "[email protected]" thanking them for the notice and telling them that this notification makes me feel more comfortable buying and recommending DJI products in the future. If we all send them a "thanks" that is bound to provide "face" to the person who went out on a limb for us.

They must be sending out variants of the same email - a mutation if you like of DJI output...

This is the email I received yesterday:-

"Hello Sir,

We are aware of the problem and we are now working to solve it. Meanwhile you can downgrade to the previous version. If you can not find the previous version of the firmware, please contact [email protected]. They will deliver it for you.

Best regards
Technical support
DJI GmbH"
I like the Hello Sir bit.. and the promise of delivery of the previous version..

What are the issues? I updated the firmware and haven't had any issues that I know of yet.... I have only flown for about a half hour since the update.

It IS a refreshing change to see DJI actually admit to half baked firmware, and offer a safe path back to the previous version. It's just a shame that this has to come at a time when they FINALLY have solid firmware, software and apps all around. I, for one, was lulled into a false sense of security (with my DJI history, you'd think I'd know better) and installed the IOS app update as soon as it came out.

The weather being what it is in the North East portion of the U.S., being grounded is a non issue. If this were Spring, I'd be a pretty frickin' unhappy camper... again...

Note to DJI... add QA and thorough testing to your pre-release regimen, please...

-slinger

Is this for all Phantoms? We updated the 1.1.1 that we just got this week. Guess I better check and see what it has.

NoffCity said:
What are the issues? I updated the firmware and haven't had any issues that I know of yet.... I have only flown for about a half hour since the update.

Between 45 min. and 60 min. the drone does a RTC.... Return To China.... :lol:

Good thing you haven't got there yet....

Denny

Good to hear that a new app for iOS is on the way. I currently have the 1.0.46 with the 3.08 firmware and it does not work well.

I upgraded to 3.10, went flying, 3 flights great, 4th flight "Phantom Lost Connection" WTF? It's rIght in front of me, huge airfield, major crash and tumble. Lucky just a bit of a bend in the gimbal, Killer RC gimbal guard saved my camera. Can't say if pilot error or not, it lost connection. RTH didn't work, motors were still spinning when it dove for the ground from 20ft up. So I can't blame battery failure. It did pop the battery out on impact and cracked the casing of that battery, probably no good anymore dunno. Strange thing is that after crash and inspection, powered up Phantom, LED sequence on quad correct, sats locked, ready to fly, But no info in the Vision App for number of satellites, battery remaining on Phantom, and no camera tilt using app (TX gimbal dial worked). Wifi extender battery level shows in app, camera view shows in app. So, today I downgraded everything according to Assistant Software, powered on Phantom, all info now shows onscreen in Vision App, did it cause my lost connection? Now waiting for new Vision App from Apple, DJI says it's in approval-mode. Just once please, I want to fly for a day without crashing...My fault for upgrading. Next mandatory upgrade will limit us to 30feet up and 30feet out with no waypoint capabilities, to please the authorities no doubt.

Facebook post

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-05-21-19-29.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-05-21-19-29.png
    312.2 KB · Views: 447
knowonecares said:
I upgraded to 3.10, went flying, 3 flights great, 4th flight "Phantom Lost Connection" WTF? It's rIght in front of me, huge airfield, major crash and tumble. Lucky just a bit of a bend in the gimbal, Killer RC gimbal guard saved my camera.

That's good to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

Killer Rc said:
"Phantom Lost Connection" WTF? It's rIght in front of me, huge airfield, major crash and tumble. Lucky just a bit of a bend in the gimbal,

you lost FPV and it crashed, werent you watching where you were flying. ?

Killer Rc said:
Killer RC gimbal guard saved my camera.

Shameless plug for own product :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl