Electrical Question...

Reaction score
I am remounting and rewiring my strobe lights. Originally I ran the wires under the circuit board and down one of the landing gear legs to the externally mounted 3s lipo. It would be much easier if I ran the wires above the board. I just want to make sure there won't be any issues with this. I don't want some kind of random interference which would cause a catastrophic event.

Thanks, And Happy New Year !!

DC currents shouldn't cause you much trouble. I would just make sure that the wires don't put any pressure or torque on any of the components on the board. You might want to use some dabs or RTV in a few places to anchor the wires so they don't bounce around. Just don't put the silicon rubber on any board components. May be harmful and could interfere with heat removal.

DC currents shouldn't cause you much trouble. I would just make sure that the wires don't put any pressure or torque on any of the components on the board. You might want to use some dabs or RTV in a few places to anchor the wires so they don't bounce around. Just don't put the silicon rubber on any board components. May be harmful and could interfere with heat removal.
Thanks Richard... Would it be better to place the wires under the board... That way gravity will keep the wires off the board entirely, and settle down into the bottom shell ? More difficult, but doable.

I'm a KISS kind of guy, so I personally wouldn't undo anything that I didn't really need to.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel