easy to install in phantom 1.1.1?

I have never soldered before I opened up my V1.1.1 and installed the Fat-Shark Predator. It's easy! Find the accessory wires and connect them. I connected them to a quick clip so I could attach/detach as needed.

Awsome ill look into that right away ! Thanks
Im excited about the fpv.
Whats the range like?

While I've been disappointed with the reliability of the FPV monitor on my P2V+, my P1 live feed to the Predator is fast enough to fly the aircraft and never drops off. I haven't really tested for range but probably about 400-500 meters.

Clipper707 said:
While I've been disappointed with the reliability of the FPV monitor on my P2V+, my P1 live feed to the Predator is fast enough to fly the aircraft and never drops off. I haven't really tested for range but probably about 400-500 meters.
Thats awsome range i had thought the 240mW transmitter with the fatshark only went 100-200 meters.
Ive seen the 580mW upgrade chip on amazon so i was doubtful on the range.
Thanks again for the cheapest link ive seen yet.

I get 1.8km (and more but I didn't have the guts to go any further) with a standard Fatshark Predator V2 + a cheap 3$ panel antenna. With the stock whip I get around 1.6Km.

Highly recommended!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP0sNTf_AKs[/youtube]

Sorry I didn't record the FPV (dvr still on the boat from china) but you get a good sense of how far 1.8Km is. The FPV remained completely sharp and stable during the entire flight. I flew at 50m high.

Clipper707 said:

can you post a pic of your setup// thanks..

just added another p1 to my fleet and I'm gonna mod this for fpv flights only I'm curious to see how you ran the wires and what you conntected to . also where you mounted the camera

I've sold my P1 and replaced it with a P2, with the same setup for the transmitter. On the P1 I used the fixed mount for my GoPro (no gimbal), but otherwise everything else is the same.

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).JPG
    photo 1 (1).JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 601
  • photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 613
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 587
where did you get power for the TX from on the p1?

the go pro or balance port on battery or internal board?

capodrone81 said:
where did you get power for the TX from on the p1?

the go pro or balance port on battery or internal board?

Internally. I seem to remember two grey wires for accessories. This also powered the GoPro.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl