Easiest way to setup controller for P2

Reaction score
Just got my P2 and haven't had a chance to get it out yet but hope to today or tomorrow. To be clear, S1 is for compass calibration only, right? Just keep S2 in GPS and fly away? I plugged my P2 and opened the DJI Assistant 4.0 iOSD software....says 4.0 is latest but says no device under firmware when I click "no updates". Am I missing something?

Out of the box, S1 and S2 do very little. Toggling them up and down a various number of times activates various modes. S1 to calibrate the compass, recover from failsafe, and abort a waypointing mission. S2 to set a new home point.

Other than that... it doesn't really matter what position the switches are in for flight.

If you switch to NAZA mode, then it's a whole different story.

The version of the Assistant software has nothing to do with the version of firmware. What version of firmware(s) is it showing you. If it says "no updates", chances are you're up-to-date.

ProfessorStein said:
Out of the box, S1 and S2 do very little. Toggling them up and down a various number of times activates various modes. S1 to calibrate the compass, recover from failsafe, and abort a waypointing mission. S2 to set a new home point.

Other than that... it doesn't really matter what position the switches are in for flight.

If you switch to NAZA mode, then it's a whole different story.

The version of the Assistant software has nothing to do with the version of firmware. What version of firmware(s) is it showing you. If it says "no updates", chances are you're up-to-date.

Apparently, I was using Assistant software for the iOSD and the gimble, specifically...Found the right one and it updated quite a bit. Does S1 come active out of the box with return home as down? Setting a new home point would be used when moving away from original launch position while still in the air?

No... putting failsafe/RTH on S1 requires NAZA mode.

And yes, resetting home point is just as it sounds. You can do it while flying, or, I believe, while you're on the ground. It'll set both your current position AND altitude as the new home point (though RTH will still "land", no matter the altitude).

If you want RTH on the switch, go to NAZA mode. Don't let the User Guide scare you... NAZA is not really only for "advanced" pilots... NAZA mode, with both switches in the up position, is exactly like Phantom mode... it just let's you use other modes as well. They just created Phantom mode because, believe it or not, it's tougher than you think to remember to check that the switches are up before takeoff.

ProfessorStein said:
No... putting failsafe/RTH on S1 requires NAZA mode.

And yes, resetting home point is just as it sounds. You can do it while flying, or, I believe, while you're on the ground. It'll set both your current position AND altitude as the new home point (though RTH will still "land", no matter the altitude).

If you want RTH on the switch, go to NAZA mode. Don't let the User Guide scare you... NAZA is not really only for "advanced" pilots... NAZA mode, with both switches in the up position, is exactly like Phantom mode... it just let's you use other modes as well. They just created Phantom mode because, believe it or not, it's tougher than you think to remember to check that the switches are up before takeoff.

So out of the box the only way to RTH is to turn off transmitter?

Yes. Exactly. By turning the controller off. Or... of course... by running out of range. ;-)

And switching to NAZA doesn't automatically add RTH to switch 1, either. Forgot to mention that. But default, in NAZA, full down on switch 1 is actually MANUAL mode. So you must first switch to NAZA, then visit the appropriate tab in Assistant to configure position 3 of S1 (via a dropdown, if I remember)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18