Easiest way to do the 5 mile check

Reaction score
Hello

I have a P3S that I really like but I'm also stuck with a P2 v2 with the GoPro 4 gimbal that I can barely give it away now!

So I'm thinking of giving it to a friends son, but I want to make sure there not in close range to an airport

I know I could order the sectional for their area, but there has to be an easier way

I love the DroneBuddy app but it just goes based on your current location...

Matthew

IMO nothing wrong with having a backup bird . You could learn manual mode with her too ;)

I am new to all of this but I just wanted to say on the B4U fly app, even hospital helipads have a 3 mile radius. I just wanted to point that because I wasn't aware that they counted and it makes it against the rules to fly in my yard and I live in a town with a population of under 3k. Sorry for the rant.

Reactions: J&L
Thats the same thing I did with an old fc40 I had that was to beat up to even try and sell for any thing with out practicly giving it away as it was. So I decided to just give it to one of our friends sons who does so video and photo work for us. and I also made sure to give him some flying lessons and go over all the basics with him.

But for the 5 mile thing Cant you open up the p2v ap for it and look on the maps for a big red circle near the kids house?

Other online sources include skyvector.com and airmap.io

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am new to all of this but I just wanted to say on the B4U fly app, even hospital helipads have a 3 mile radius.
Are you sure it isn't a 1.5 mile radius? I'm 9,670 feet from the hospital and I'm outside the ring.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart