Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Easiest way to do the 5 mile check

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matthewd5, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Matthewd5

Hello

I have a P3S that I really like but I'm also stuck with a P2 v2 with the GoPro 4 gimbal that I can barely give it away now!

So I'm thinking of giving it to a friends son, but I want to make sure there not in close range to an airport

I know I could order the sectional for their area, but there has to be an easier way

I love the DroneBuddy app but it just goes based on your current location...

Matthew

2. 750r

IMO nothing wrong with having a backup bird . You could learn manual mode with her too ;)

3. JeffŹ

I am new to all of this but I just wanted to say on the B4U fly app, even hospital helipads have a 3 mile radius. I just wanted to point that because I wasn't aware that they counted and it makes it against the rules to fly in my yard and I live in a town with a population of under 3k. Sorry for the rant.

J&L likes this.
  4. J.James

Thats the same thing I did with an old fc40 I had that was to beat up to even try and sell for any thing with out practicly giving it away as it was. So I decided to just give it to one of our friends sons who does so video and photo work for us. and I also made sure to give him some flying lessons and go over all the basics with him.

But for the 5 mile thing Cant you open up the p2v ap for it and look on the maps for a big red circle near the kids house?

5. RasterEyes

Other online sources include skyvector.com and airmap.io

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

6. Mark The Droner

Are you sure it isn't a 1.5 mile radius? I'm 9,670 feet from the hospital and I'm outside the ring.