Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional Dynamic homepoint P3 vs Inspire 1

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by The Phantom, Jul 30, 2015.

1. The Phantom

Whats the deal with the dynamic home point on the P3 vs Inspire 1? I´ve heard somebody saying that the P3 needs a phone or a tablet with GPS to be able to set the home point to where the remote controller is, while the Inspire 1 remote controller has this function built in and doesn't need an external GPS, is this really the case?

And that brings me to my second question, if i buy the new HDMI output module for the P3 remote controller will it be the exact same thing as an Inspire 1 remote controller, or will they still have some other differences?

Thanks.

EDIT: I just remembered that of course the Inspire 1 will have the switch to lower the landing gear which the P3 controller doesn't have. But besides from that?

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

You need GPS on your mobile device in order to set the home point to your location. The home point feature is not dynamic. You have to manually reset it each time.

3. The Phantom

So by my location you mean the location of the remote controller?

And is it the same thing on the Inspire 1 controller?

4. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

No, it's similar but not the same.
    The Inspire controller has GPS built in while the P3's relies on the GPS of the tablet attached.

5. The Phantom

Okay thanks, that was also what i had been told, but just to be clear...the drone is coming back to the remote not to the starting point as with the P2? But if the remote shuts off where does it go then?