Dropped video feed on P3A

Reaction score
This is the second time it's happened now in different locations. I have been sat up at 120m happily for about 5 minutes, then last night I noticed my video feed was frozen. Moments later i got the red bar at the top warning of no signal. I was still getting telemetry and map data. I brought it down, restarted dji go and it was fine.

Any ideas what is causing this? I'm using a Nexus 7 2013. I don't understand why it can't re-establish a video feed on its own without having to restarted the app?

This is the second time it's happened now in different locations. I have been sat up at 120m happily for about 5 minutes, then last night I noticed my video feed was frozen. Moments later i got the red bar at the top warning of no signal. I was still getting telemetry and map data. I brought it down, restarted dji go and it was fine.

Any ideas what is causing this? I'm using a Nexus 7 2013. I don't understand why it can't re-establish a video feed on its own without having to restarted the app?
I had this Once last week too.

A similar situation Tommy? It's pretty annoying! I guess it's not the app crashing because it works minus the video feed. I just don't get why it takes a restart of the app to bring the video back :/

Simaler thing happened to me a week ago. Bird sitting on picnic table with motors running.
Pressed video record button. Instantly no video and signal loss warning. Restarted app. Still no signal.
Shutdown app. Unplugged and then replugged usb. Started app and everything back to normal.
Has not done it since. Weird!

It is a bit odd. I haven't had the bird long so still trying to gain confidence but these events are not particularly confidence inspiring lol.

I don't understand why it just can't re-establish the feed automatically

It is a bit odd. I haven't had the bird long so still trying to gain confidence but these events are not particularly confidence inspiring lol.

I don't understand why it just can't re-establish the feed automatically

That's the strange part. When I first got mine I was curious as to what would happen feed wise if got too far away. So I turned the bird on in the house (no props) and took the controller for a drive. Naturally the live feed and the control were lost. As I came back both restored themselves.

I have also had my pad freeze and reboot. But I still had control of the aircraft. A brown pants moment when it happened. When I got the craft back and looked at the video it was obvious at the moment I was loading my pants and doing nothing the craft was just hovering steady as a rock 1/2 a KM up the road waiting for instructions. RTH brought it back. But I realized after I could have flown it back. That taught me a few things and I gained some confidence in the craft.
Who said this wasn't going to be an exciting hobby:D

A similar situation Tommy? It's pretty annoying! I guess it's not the app crashing because it works minus the video feed. I just don't get why it takes a restart of the app to bring the video back :/
What worst was I was around 8000ft out boom lost signal feed map was working so I manual flew it back without the live feed by using maps only.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl