Dropped my remote, should i worry?

Reaction score
Hi guys. Been having great success with my phantom taking videos of my extreme sports. See vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkXWDBc_A2M only problem is I'm often following these mtb trails down on foot carrying my phantom. Just the other day I was filming a new one and slipped while carrying my phantom and tx and came crashing down on a particually Rocky section. Managed to save the phantom from getting hit atall but ended up flinging my tx about 3 meters onto a rocky trail. Should I be concerned about the s1 and s2 switches as I have heard problems with fly aways due to dammaged switches... I have since then tested it inside which worked no problems.... If there likely is a problem where can I find a 5.8 Gus tx in the UK? Or is it possible to convert to a 2.4 ghz set up like a spectrum or similar so I can run fat shark fpv or similar? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

If you're worried about the switches just change them. Single pole double throw sub miniature toggles are what you need.
Available from many places its an easy fix.

lostkiwi said:
If you're worried about the switches just change them. Single pole double throw sub miniature toggles are what you need.
Available from many places its an easy fix.

Be sure it's three-position with all three positions maintained.
A generic SPDT will not do the trick.

also the phanton fc40 is 5.8ghz for a reason, so why would you want to convert to 2.4ghz? or do you not want to use wirless or wifi on a camera?

Thanks guys, well the reason id want to change to 2.4 is that i never use the wifi on go pros and would very much like to be able to see what im filming from the cameras point of veiw since im struggling to find a gopro compatible system in the uk on 2.4 ghz. So id like fpv on the gopro or at the very least know where the gimbal i now have is pointing. If its rarther involved chainging frequencies is there annother way round telling where the camera is pointing? if so how?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl