Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

NEILS said:
Will contact Dronexpert to see what he says first before jumping to conclusions

See a slight difference from what I recall you said above on the plate. The one on new video has no holes to tie off with compared to mine. Btw, my zips are very loose, so does not restrict.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 390
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 437
NEILS said:
DiegoF said:
Has anyone news about filters? I would hope that a solution be found.

FPV did you do your flight finally? :D

42mm to 52mm filter adapter or you can get for different size filters, so 42mm to whatever, use a few spots of hot
melt glue to fix in position, hot melt glue is easy to remove at a later date if required, the weight of the adapter I purchased was only 4.5g from ebay apposed to the dji being 12g (every little helps)

DSC_0095_zps829b2ea6.jpg

Neils, WOW. . . I'm intrigued. . . does the gimbal seem to work pretty good with the two filters on it? I bought some extremely light filters off of EBay, but with the DJI filter adapter, it is still really heavy. Got any videos of this thing working . . . Heck, I might even just put that together my self and do a video if one is not available.

Marked a couple changes in plate design change. Not sure of others or reason for changes. I still like mine, but it went a little nuts just playing with it out of the case earlier. Played with plug plate and flat cable and settled down. It is a little sensitive, but worked well on initial flight. Notice no tie holes and added slots to new plate on the back side of camera ( see arrows).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 652
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 631
This is the maximun pich angle that the gim can reach... I dont know how dronexpert dont think about this before sell the gimbal...?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 662
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 655
After much ado to get the dronxpert gimbal,installed with 7th channel control.....I am diasapointed.

The tiny little vibrations dampeners are not effective....and I am getting pretty bad vibration effects and jello effect.....which I didn't have prior to the new gimbal.

Here is their response: At this moment we using new dampers.
And with these dampers we succeed to minimized the jello effect.
We will send you these dampers.

Why didn't they send that over to me right away?

pabling said:
Hi! Anybody in hight speed turns touch the limit of the gimbal in roll movement??:) and when this occurs the motors of the gimbal start to "jump"...:(
Hi. Pablin. Got same problem, but if you fly in Phantom 2 Vision mode (assistance software) and always under GPS (green lights) the angle needs to be so open in order to jump.
watch my video: http://youtu.be/3Emh1wQChZQ

YEAHH, thanks for reply ;) i saw your video,, like me,, i dont understand how dronexpert dont see that before sell the gimbal,,,

it will be necesary do anithing in the frame, or cut something,,, i dont know,,,

any idea? jejeje

Mine doesn't turn the high angles either, but to me that isn't an issue since I have no plans to video with high speed turns anyway. I am still learning to move the Vision slow and steady as possible. Mine is just fine, but am highly interested in other foot pads to reduce jello effect.

Flew mine a little bit ago and the video is looking pretty good. Still have to adjust the plug plate every time to keep canmera level. Flew a while and switched to Home Lock and did not work once again. Not sure if related to gimbal, but it started not working correctly after gimbal install, but still, gimbal performed well. Looked in the software and HomeLock is turned on, but definately was not working and verified I had a home lock before flying.

dastagg said:
Flew mine a little bit ago and the video is looking pretty good. Still have to adjust the plug plate every time to keep canmera level. Flew a while and switched to Home Lock and did not work once again. Not sure if related to gimbal, but it started not working correctly after gimbal install, but still, gimbal performed well. Looked in the software and HomeLock is turned on, but definately was not working and verified I had a home lock before flying.

What's the best way to verify home lock?

Not sure what you mean to verify? In Nazim mode, it shows to be on with the switch in down position. That should verify or while flying and switch in down position, pulling down on the forward reverse should return to home flight path no matter what direction the Vision is facing. Mne didn't fly towards home, but flew as normal with directin Vsion was facing.

When you switch into an IOC mode (either of them) the LED signals should flash "yellow-green" to indicate it's in that mode. For home lock you need to make sure that you have a good home location set (rapid sequence of flasing green before take-off) and that you are more than about 30ft away from that home location when you activate HL in order for it to kick in. Do all of those happen?

Actually, all of them things did happen, but it did not seem to operate in that mode at all. I saw the lights and did verify that I had gps lock at home but didn 't seem to work like it. I will try it again today to try it out because for filming, that mode makes it so much easier for some situations (flying straight while rotating the Vision) will update on status later today.

Pull_Up said:
(You might want to use course lock for straight lines. Home lock will bring it back towards you like spokes in a wheel, which may or may not be the straight line you want for filming, course lock operates like a grid, using the initial nose orientation as its base setting for the X &Y...)
An explanation of IOC has finally been condensed into one sentence :)

Thanks Pull_up, actually some times course lock works best, but most of the time, homelock works better....for me anyway, since it does simular by flying in a straight line in any direction and not just home. No matter the position from the start, it flys in a direction from pilot but both work very simular and neither method worked for me yesterday.
I did have a rare occurance of after getting home station locked, I had a compass calibration warning, so I recalibrated and then flew. May have needed to reset home? Antyeay, that was at the first on my second flight that I got the compass warning and flew my first without any issue, but didn't use the IOC switch either. This was my second time to get a compass calibration warning since using the gimbal and never got one prior. I calibrate frequently anyway, but still not typical.

dastagg said:
Flew mine a little bit ago and the video is looking pretty good. Still have to adjust the plug plate every time to keep camera level. Flew a while and switched to Home Lock and did not work once again. Not sure if related to gimbal, but it started not working correctly after gimbal install, but still, gimbal performed well. Looked in the software and Home Lock is turned on, but definitely was not working and verified I had a home lock before flying.

Glad you managed to get out Dale, I too managed a 10 min flight today and to be honest your right its no problem at all, In fact I'm really happy now I've tried it :lol: adjusted the jack plug and added a small amount of hot melt glue and it's never budged.
it's gonna be perfect for my vacation snaps ;)

Happy to hear you are happy with yours NEILS. I just got back from flying mine again today (Southeast Texas weather is pretty good right now and even low winds) and flew for two batteries worth of flying. I need practice with the camera, so I went to my church grounds for some good open ground. My home has lots of hazards. Anyway, it flew great and the HomeLock did fine today. I suppose when I had a compass calibration error and reset, it must have lost it's home lock before I flew yesterday. Anyway, it flew great and no issues whatsoever. I really like the results of the video for today and yesterday also. I will put some together for viewing but did a lot of maneuvers, so will cut some of the just plain nothing out but will leave some of the turns and stuff in for review of this gimbal and it's capabilities. Did some hard turns and didn't see any real jumping around either, but maybe I didn't do hard enough turns to force it to do that. Most of my maneuvers are going straight and turning the yaw to turn the craft, so too tight of a turn will cause to do bad things anyway. Don't do a lot of quick left or right banks from a standstill or full thrust at a right or left bank. As of now, again, it meets all my expectations with exception that I would like any new foot pads available or if not, I may go get some of them gel pacs for drums to see if it eliminates all jello, but not a lot was present anyway, but still, any reduction or elimination will surely help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka