Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

I just sent a email to Dronexperts about no roll settings in my assistant software and camera not horizontal in neutral position. Guess this all comes down to roll?

Attachments

• phantom gimbal front.jpg
    phantom gimbal front.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 482
  • phantom assistant me.png
    phantom assistant me.png
    123.6 KB · Views: 523
I'm supposing the plate as discussed is straight? Mine did same thing until I found it was crooked and straightened as in photo. I'm sure they will respond soon as they have been great at responces in past to me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 482
My test video :D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3TFF3ZoMoA[/youtube]

2 days ago. I use my older Argtek AP ,one 7db omni and one 8db small patch antenna. This is my record.
pic.1
12606987494_5fd52cfbdd_z.jpg

pic.2
12606986764_b1bce3b31f_z.jpg

pic.3 about 1.16km :cool:
12606656113_3df6aa8233_z.jpg

Not sure if its been mentioned however yes the roll is to do with the jack plug position, the jack plug contains a sensor that controls the camera roll, so if your camera is tilted to the side move the white box on the jack plug up and down and that will level the camera, not had time to fly with the gimbal yet however all the other mods I was doing are finished and tested great, will post on a new thread as the mods cover a few different posts.

Neil

Flew for a short flight today using my new gimbal and will see about posting some video, however, a word of concern to others for something I found. I work in a chemical manufacturing plant and was flying around and close to some distillation towers doing some photos and video of construction of a new chemical process facility that is in the building stage. While flying around a group of three large distillation towers, and on the opposite side from where I was at, I lost signal with the camera while it was on the other side of these metal towers. I tried to fly around them, but could not see it visually or on camera since I lost signal to my Vision. I tried to fly blind, but still couldn't tell where it was going so I switched to the Home mode using S2 switch since I have been using Nazam and told it to fly towards me. Well...........after a bit, I got signal back and saw on camera it had gone away instead and was over an area of an operating process which I never wanted to get near that area of the manufacturing area. I tried again using the Home mode but saw that it was going away instead. It scared me for a bit, but got my nerve back and looked to see the direction it was facing and went back to normal mode and turned it and flew back towards me which all went well but was a bit of a scare anyway. Couldn't figure out why Home mode never worked properly, so when I got back to my office, I plugged it in and saw that since I put the gimbal on, the modes for S2 was turned off. I am sure I didn't change this yesterday (don't think I even went to this page, but never know) after my changes with the gimbal, so just making everyone aware that you may want to check this setting again possible if you want Home mode for S2 switch working. Maybe was a fluke, but it did make my heart skip a bit not knowing what was happening. Hope to have a video soon, however, my flying wasn't too good during the entire process with lots of wind and notice the 7th channel slider is not as responsive as I had thought or need much more practice with it anyway as it seems a little jerky at this time, but am sure I will get better at it as time goes on.

Great video, loved it when the two boats went by and you framed them up....long distance as well...good job. Thanks for the post.
Thanks for all the other posts about the plug in sensor...it did the job...just had to move it a little past level to straighten out the camera on gimbal....Dronexpert contacted me this morning and said for me to recalibrate the 7th channel..pushing the little button and moving the slider back and forth twice...thought I may have had it but...pretty day so decided to explore...drove to a river several miles from my home...found a perfect spot with wide open area running with the river and no trees..no fence and no trespassing signs..perfect...Took the Phantom to the air and the darn gimbal started shaking like it had a fever...managed to get it under control with the phone app adjustment..flew out two batteries...at about 14 min. ea...kept noticing that the gimbal was shaking again upon stopping at a forward movement as well as a backup movement...downloaded the video and it looked like crap! Shake...rattle..roll...plus it was tilted real bad again....Came home and read on the forum about the plug in sensor...disconnected the one wire on the 7 th channel....to heck with it...and everything works perfect..Tempted to go out tonight and make a neighborhood flight....Just wish I had some loud speakers attached with a machine gun shooting on loop...wonder how long it would take for the police to get to my doorstep....Thanks everyone for posting your valuable information and cool videos....My best to all, keep up the great posts.

if it starts shaking (and it will), make sure the ribbon is no bound in any way. if there is any tension on that ribbon it will shake. Also, just as you did, sometimes I have found by just moving the 7th channel all the way up and down tends to "reset" the thing and the shaking stops.

Good luck, have fun, and fly safe.

It seemed like I had to move the 7th channel slider quite a ways before the camera seemed to move, and when it moved, it moved to much too fast. Maybe just me though not being used to it. Hope to do some more practice tomorrow since our winter weather is coming to a hopefull end. Breezy here still, but warming up nice.

Got so excited after working almost constantly on the Dronexpert gimbal installation and some problems....finally problems solved..so took the Phantom out in the Driveway to capture a few clips...impatient...no stableization applied. Very smooth..now if I can just find that river spot again that the gimbal screwed up on today earlier...thanks for all the help and advice.

https://vimeo.com/87053801

Hi!! Im from spain and i have a vision with dronexpert gimbal!:)
I want to ask something about this gimbal,; in a lot of times when you make a hight speed turn (roll) the mount of the gimbal reafhes the limit and the motor begin to "jump"(sorry for my english;)

The travel in roll movemet its very small...

, i need to turn so slow to avoid the roll stops for the frame of the gimbal..:(
Any body its like me?:)

In pich movement its more bigger and no problem,,,

And when the batery reaches 20% the extra weight. Of the gimbal make so heavy the pv that begin to descent!!

Here is a short video of my first real flight with the gimbal although it was not a smooth flying experience either. Kinda hate to post a video with poor flying skills, but still, the gimbal performed very well as the video would have been terrible with 20 mph winds and poor operator flying also. I notice in the video it has a slight lean to the right side, but is easily adjustable by slightly leveling it out by adjusting the thingy where it plugs in on the back of the camera since learning it controls the angle of the camera. Also, when trying to use the 7th channel, you will notice jerky movements in the video and I found using the 7th channel slider was a little jerky also. I loosened the screw just a bit and put a tad of soap on the slider to help lubricate the slider and seems more smooth just playing with it. It felt like it stuck some while flying with it as it was. Will see how much it helps on next flight. Anyway, here is a link for my first video, and can see the video is fairly smooth and no editing was done to smooth out the video. I only applied a lens correction for the wide angle lens to straighten out the horizon. A lot of more practice and I believe I can have some decent video in the future. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk0g-8jfUAk

Hi! Anybody in hight speed turns touch the limit of the gimbal in roll movement??:) and when this occurs the motors of the gimbal start to "jump"...:(

Has anyone news about filters? I would hope that a solution be found.

FPV did you do your flight finally? :D

DiegoF said:

42mm to 52mm filter adapter or you can get for different size filters, so 42mm to whatever, use a few spots of hot
melt glue to fix in position, hot melt glue is easy to remove at a later date if required, the weight of the adapter I purchased was only 4.5g from ebay apposed to the dji being 12g (every little helps)

DSC_0095_zps829b2ea6.jpg

NEILS said:
DiegoF said:

42mm to 52mm filter adapter or you can get for different size filters, so 42mm to whatever, use a few spots of hot
melt glue to fix in position, hot melt glue is easy to remove at a later date if required, the weight of the adapter I purchased was only 4.5g from ebay apposed to the dji being 12g (every little helps)

DSC_0095_zps829b2ea6.jpg

Thanks for the reply

So can't you use the dji's adapter?
Have you recalibrate the motors of the gimbal?

My area is under a wind advisory at this time, so am grounded at the moment, so can't say for sure of the high angle. I did a straight run at wide open and no jumping seen, but not at any other angle yet. I opened mine up and was tilted badly and saw the plate with plug for camera tilted again, so straightened it and all is well. Will need to adjust to level camera and prevent from moving using double sided tape or something soon. Otherwise, all is well, but the flat wire can cause jumping very easily as
I have noticed, so needs to be free also.

Thanks for your answer;) i mean other thing, try to make hight speeds turns and you will see that the gimbal reaches the limits with the frame (roll movement) and start jumping,,, not for the rear ribbon, because the roll travel movement it not enought...
Pick up your phanto with hand and move in roll to the limit, you will see the jumping of the motors..

I flew some times and if i do agressive turns the gimbal reaches limitand jump motors with frame,

In pich no problem..:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart