Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

My P2V and controller . :twisted: Use Argtek AP hack original repeater was my invention. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

12373659745_e2b809db2b_c.jpg

12373827423_090a678b38_c.jpg

adampassphotography said:
Hey guys,

I received my Dronexpert this week and have a question. When I turn on the P2V the gimbal won't sit steady and jitters uncontrollably. Has anyone experienced this? I am using the MAC assistant software and think that may be the culprit. Dronexpert was great communicating up until this point. Thanks for any info.
check the ribbon cable. . it cant be binding or really touching anything. Also, make sure the camera is started in a "neutral" up position. Should take care of any issues. I too have a Mac, that should not be your issue.

If you are a Flytrex user and are waiting for your DE gimbal I can confirm there is room for the normal Flytrex instal position ;)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 444
Pull_Up said:
Nice to know! Looks like there might be just enough clearance with the Rotorpixel, too, but it's obviously a lot tighter...

Yes I just had to move it more reward to accommodate the 7th channel module.. I'm sure there will be room with the Rotorpixel.. Sounds like you have made your decision on the Rotorpixel Pull_up :D

Yeah, I think so. Of course there's only limited units available for the first pre-order so I suspect you'll get a lot more airtime with yours before I can get mine! Mind you if I do manage to get one any time before next winter we are definitely going to have to try and meet up for a mini fly-in. Would be very interesting to get some air-to-air shots from both gimbals!

Pull_Up said:
Yeah, I think so. Of course there's only limited units available for the first pre-order so I suspect you'll get a lot more airtime with yours before I can get mine! Mind you if I do manage to get one any time before next winter we are definitely going to have to try and meet up for a mini fly-in. Would be very interesting to get some air-to-air shots from both gimbals!

Ah yes I'm still waiting to test this gimbal but this weather is just not playing ball ! Hopefully there will be some airtime soon as I really am chomping at the bit now lol.. Count me in for that fly-in, Will be good to get these gimbals together for some air shots ;)

I'm getting excited. Oedered mine Jan, 13th and should ship this next week for me. I had no idea either it would be this long of a wait. I thought it was a two week wait when I purchased, but now that I know when it should come, I am getting excited.

dastagg said:
I'm getting excited. Oedered mine Jan, 13th and should ship this next week for me. I had no idea either it would be this long of a wait. I thought it was a two week wait when I purchased, but now that I know when it should come, I am getting excited.

Happy days for you soon ;) just a little tip for when you instal... When you patch into the X2 connector with the supplied Y lead I just pulled the X1 connector first then you can pull X2 by the plug and not by the wires...

FPV col said:
dastagg said:

Happy days for you soon ;) just a little tip for when you instal... When you patch into the X2 connector with the supplied Y lead I just pulled the X1 connector first then you can pull X2 by the plug and not by the wires...

I am a bit curious to find out, what the 7th channel controller does. Have any of you tried to connect the original PV2 gimbal to the controller, and if so, is the 7th channel control able to control the tilt of the original gimbal too?

Here's a couple questions for Dronexpert owners.

#1: Correct me if I'm wrong but since the gimbal cradle looks like it's just freely sitting on the landing gear of the P2V, has anyone had any problems with it slipping in position or falling off if you flip the P2V upside down to clean off the bottom? Obviously I don't think it's an issue during flight but when you're handling it when it's off. I hope doing things like checking underneath, accessing the battery, accessing the SD card, or taking it in and out of a case don't cause it to move at all.

#2: I noticed from pictures and video the gimbal floor that rests on the landing gear looks like it sticks out ever so slightly wider than the landing gear itself. This, with a combination of not being secured to the landing gear itself, will be a huge problem when putting it into my TradeCraft Toughcase. It is already a tight fit but everything on my stock P2V is secured to the body so it doesn't matter if it hits the walls of the case when I slide it in. If the Dronexpert gimbal is freely sitting and is wider than the landing gear, every time I put it in the gimbal is going to catch on one side and lift it off of the landing gear.

Input from owners, especially ones with a TradeCraft Toughcase, will be greatly appreciated!

Oh and if these questions have already been answered somewhere else in this massive thread, I apologize.

DiegoF said:
Hey, Dronexpert community, are you sad for the upcoming Rotorpixel realese? :lol:

No not at all.. I wish the many new owners of the Rotorpixel many happy hours of stable and jello free flights and I think its very commendable that so many have pulled the triger without seeing a flight demonstration video :lol:

FPV col said:
DiegoF said:
Hey, Dronexpert community, are you sad for the upcoming Rotorpixel realese? :lol:

No not at all.. I wish the many new owners of the Rotorpixel many happy hours of stable and jello free flights and I think its very commendable that so many have pulled the triger without seeing a flight demonstration video :lol:

I agree ..I actually have both coming as I have a need now for a second device ..cant wait to put them to the test . As of right now ..the only one that has footage working (real world flights) is DE . I am hoping it(rotorpixel) is going to come out awesome .. I love supporting Canadian companies . and if my DE is a good as their speedskaters , I am happy happy happy as well .

YeeaaBoii said:
Here's a couple questions for Dronexpert owners.

#1: Correct me if I'm wrong but since the gimbal cradle looks like it's just freely sitting on the landing gear of the P2V, has anyone had any problems with it slipping in position or falling off if you flip the P2V upside down to clean off the bottom? Obviously I don't think it's an issue during flight but when you're handling it when it's off. I hope doing things like checking underneath, accessing the battery, accessing the SD card, or taking it in and out of a case don't cause it to move at all.

#2: I noticed from pictures and video the gimbal floor that rests on the landing gear looks like it sticks out ever so slightly wider than the landing gear itself. This, with a combination of not being secured to the landing gear itself, will be a huge problem when putting it into my TradeCraft Toughcase. It is already a tight fit but everything on my stock P2V is secured to the body so it doesn't matter if it hits the walls of the case when I slide it in. If the Dronexpert gimbal is freely sitting and is wider than the landing gear, every time I put it in the gimbal is going to catch on one side and lift it off of the landing gear.

Input from owners, especially ones with a TradeCraft Toughcase, will be greatly appreciated!

Oh and if these questions have already been answered somewhere else in this massive thread, I apologize.

1) if you flip it upside down, just keep a hand on the unit (the camera or gimbal) and it is good to go. It will move around if if is upside down, but it it really ok. I've seen no harm done with that. To get the SD card out, you can turn the camera to look straight up, so getting the SD card out is actually very, very, very simple.

2) Also I cant speak for the cases you talk about, but I have a "normal" PV2 case and the whole unit just slips in. I never have to take the gimbal off of the unit. I travel a LOT with mine, car, airlines and private jets, and it holds up really well.

Overall, I'm still very happy with the unit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart