Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

Pull_Up said:
But with the Phantom 2 you have to pay extra for a GoPro to put into the gimbal and you can't control the GoPro in-flight, and pay extra for an FPV rig, and if you're not technically minded pay extra for someone to fit that for you, same goes for live telemetry on battery, height and distance, and then if you want ground station capabilities buy even more hardware to make that happen (versus firmware update for free), and...

But, its horses for courses. Whatever you like to fly, fly safe! :)
Thanks pullup, I knew I could count on you.

AllanVB said:
whitelens said:
Studiowise said:
@ whitelens - have you had a chance to check out the odd behaviour you tagged when the camera is facing straight down (4:35+ in your video)?
I did .. The ribbon was catching. . . Dronexpert just told me to give it a little slack, and it fixed the issue. Just fly the camera in 30+ MPH winds and it preformed great!

So, answer one question for me. "Why do you get to have all the fun?"
Allen . . . somehow i got really lucky I guess!!! Soon, we shall ALL have fun!!!!

so question:
I just got my DJI Lens Filter Mounting kit, so i could put a polarized filter and ND filters on the camera. but, once I figured out how to connect it to the Dronexpert gimbal, the gimbal drops straight down and the camera looks at the ground. I have not powered it up yet, cause I am a little nervous that I might have too much weight on the thing (although it is no all that heavy) . . . Any thoughts on this? I really dont want to burn up a motor on the gimbal because its out of balance . . .
AND GO . . . .

whitelens said:
so question:
I just got my DJI Lens Filter Mounting kit, so i could put a polarized filter and ND filters on the camera. but, once I figured out how to connect it to the Dronexpert gimbal, the gimbal drops straight down and the camera looks at the ground. I have not powered it up yet, cause I am a little nervous that I might have too much weight on the thing (although it is no all that heavy) . . . Any thoughts on this? I really dont want to burn up a motor on the gimbal because its out of balance . . .
AND GO . . . .
I would email Dronexpert and double-check that it's a tested and supported config, to be safe. Just my opinion!

whitelens said:
so question:
AND GO . . . .

Is the adapter metal or plastic .. ? I have always wondered if it was painted or like aluminum or something

streetcreep said:
whitelens said:
so question:
AND GO . . . .

Is the adapter metal or plastic .. ? I have always wondered if it was painted or like aluminum or something
Metal. . . and yes, an email as been sent to DE.

whitelens said:
streetcreep said:
whitelens said:
so question:
AND GO . . . .

Keep us posted as i wanted to do the same, any pics would be great cheers

whitelens said:
streetcreep said:
whitelens said:
so question:
AND GO . . . .

Hmm it would be interesting to know if that alters anything with the compass now that it is moved up a bit .. I think I would let drone expert find out that fate

whitelens said:
so question:
AND GO . . . .

No software sent along with the gimbal?

arinvideo said:
whitelens said:
so question:
AND GO . . . .

No software sent along with the gimbal?
nopie. . .

Pull_Up said:
But with the Phantom 2 you have to pay extra for a GoPro to put into the gimbal and you can't control the GoPro in-flight, and pay extra for an FPV rig, and if you're not technically minded pay extra for someone to fit that for you, same goes for live telemetry on battery, height and distance, and then if you want ground station capabilities buy even more hardware to make that happen (versus firmware update for free), and...

But, its horses for courses. Whatever you like to fly, fly safe! :)

Well said.

CunningStuntFlyer said:
whitelens said:
so question:
AND GO . . . .

Many gimbals are sensitive to any added weight that is off axis.

Add some additional weight to the back of the gimbal and you should be ok if the motors aren't junk.
total of about 2 ounces with the actual lens filter. DE told me the motors can handle it, and they have two settings. . . High and Low . .and that it is currently on the low setting. They told me they would bench tech this and get back. I'm sure lots of folks are going to want to add the lens filter kit, to optimize the camera, so I'm sure sooner or later, they will get lots of request for this.
I am continually amazed how quickly they respond, given the fact that I'm sure they are slammed with lots of questions, and lots of orders all around the world. DJI could learn a thing or two from these guys!

Just installed my dronexpert gimbal...it looks likes it's working perfectly (after one initial power up where it did a crazy dance as if it were ALIVE)

But, the 7th channel tilt lever function didn't work, neither moved the gimbal, nor showed any movement in Vision Assistant software....any ideas?

Sledge said:
Just installed my dronexpert gimbal...it looks likes it's working perfectly (after one initial power up where it did a crazy dance as if it were ALIVE)

But, the 7th channel tilt lever function didn't work, neither moved the gimbal, nor showed any movement in Vision Assistant software....any ideas?

make sure you follow the 7th channel tutorial to a T. Make sure the light goes green. One way to check things out, is move the right controller lever on the TX. . if the camera starts going up and down, then you have not set it up correctly (that happened to me).

Of course make sure the cables are all in the right spot, and I went into the setup to make sure everything was working perfectly.

I would like to know the weight of the setup and final new added weight (since some parts r detached from phantom on the other hand ). Thx

CunningStuntFlyer said:
DiegoF said:
Hi all!
New dronexpert gimbal video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57wnO07Es84

Bummer about the jello. Time to get a filter set.

I have to say for us fellow Phantom Flyers, 1195 for quadcopter, 600 for gimbal still a far cry from 3000 for a perfect set up. I think Droneexpert is doing good offering a better set up and keeping the fun in budget.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor