Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

I just placed an order too. My money from PayPal is gone and I didn't receive an order confirmation email of any kind. Hopefully I get something!

YeeaaBoii said:
I just placed an order too. My money from PayPal is gone and I didn't receive an order confirmation email of any kind. Hopefully I get something!

Yes you will for sure.. I had my confirmation the next day.. I've a feeling they are going to get rather busy any time soon :D

YeeaaBoii said:
Yeah don't fret it too much . .it took about a day for me to get my confirmation email. . and remember there could be a time difference. Rob is very on the spot for answering emails and the such. And I'm sure right now they are slammed!

Yes, so you will need to take the lid off - it's straightforward, there's a "how to" in my signature below.

The only thing I'd caution is running the wire to their receiver out through the hole where the stock servo cable goes. There is very little clearance in the battery bay to that hole when the battery is fully installed. The stock servo wire actually runs in its own small channel, and is covered with protective material to ensure the battery slides over it, rather than snags it. That wire that dronexpert show to stick through the servo hole is going to potentially get pinched or worse by the battery eventually in my opinion. I had a close look at this area when working with Flytrex to see if we could use the stock servo wire channel as a route for their cable (not enough room).

Just my opinion, but if I were installing this I'd run the wire out through one of the holes that are just inboard of every landing skid upright where they meet the underside of the aircraft. You could then run the cable from there to the back of the dronexpert receiver.

DJI may have changed the internals since I got my early model in November, so if yours is different and there's space, then go for it.

YeeaaBoii said:

Just backing up what eveyone else is saying, I did'nt get an email either then a week later someone mentioned on here they had confirmation so i emailed them, i had an order confirmation waiting for me the next day, mine was also paypal so nothing to worry about, i would imagine they are that busy its just a case of catching up so dont worry.

Neil

Pull_Up said:
Yes, so you will need to take the lid off - it's straightforward, there's a "how to" in my signature below.

The only thing I'd caution is running the wire to their receiver out through the hole where the stock servo cable goes. There is very little clearance in the battery bay to that hole when the battery is fully installed. The stock servo wire actually runs in its own small channel, and is covered with protective material to ensure the battery slides over it, rather than snags it. That wire that dronexpert show to stick through the servo hole is going to potentially get pinched or worse by the battery eventually in my opinion. I had a close look at this area when working with Flytrex to see if we could use the stock servo wire channel as a route for their cable (not enough room).

Just my opinion, but if I were installing this I'd run the wire out through one of the holes that are just inboard of every landing skid upright where they meet the underside of the aircraft. You could then run the cable from there to the back of the dronexpert receiver.

DJI may have changed the internals since I got my early model in November, so if yours is different and there's space, then go for it.

Good point pull_up inboard of a leg would be a better route for that signal wire.. I'm hoping its long enough.

Schmedlab said:
tmsound said:
7th chanel installation video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuAhUXKvVBc

Looks like they have made there own reciver for the 7th chanel??

I'm confused. My transmitter doesn't have the lever on the back. Can the seventh channel be utilized without the lever?

No Visions come with the lever as standard. If you order from Dronexpert then I assume they give you the lever as part of the deal (might be wise to check). If not you can buy levers that will fit that were designed to be used with the V1 Phantom and gimbals - the size and positioning of the hole on the back of the Vision transmitter is the same.

FPV col said:
Good point pull_up inboard of a leg would be a better route for that signal wire.. I'm hoping its long enough.

It looks like there's plenty of length on it if you go straight down the nearest hole...

I just want to stress that I don't know that putting it through the battery compartment will cause a problem, but it's something everyone should take a close look at and see if you're comfortable with it going that route when the battery is fully inserted (time and time again).

Off topic a bit, BUT, for those like myself using a tablet instead of a phone, I looked for a sun hood for my tab all over with no luck..made one..today I found someone who will sell the hoods less the fpv screen..http://www.uavdirect.com/FPV-Monitor-p/fpvm7.htm

15 bucks for the hood, but, not on their site itself, gotta call em..I ordered it. ;)

Pull_Up said:
No Visions come with the lever as standard. If you order from Dronexpert then I assume they give you the lever as part of the deal (might be wise to check). If not you can buy levers that will fit that were designed to be used with the V1 Phantom and gimbals - the size and positioning of the hole on the back of the Vision transmitter is the same.

I did check with them and they assured me it ships complete with lever. I had found some 3D printed ones on eBay as a backup.

Guys u dont need to activate 7th channel this way =-O check my last post on page 25 here. All u need is to buy the lever. If it comes with gimbal u dont need anything but one click in that software! to activate it.

Odesláno z mého GT-S7562 pomocí Tapatalk

dave21 said:
Guys u dont need to activate 7th channel this way =-O check my last post on page 25 here. All u need is to buy the lever. If it comes with gimbal u dont need anything but one click in that software! to activate it.

Is this link a download to a virus ? I have not tried it but it looks suspicious to me. :!:

Well, it is always good to be careful. But i did it on my P2V and it works fine. I dont have the lever yet but i will get it soon. The software seems to be a modification of original Assistant there is only two clicks if u switch your drone to P2vision ir P2 (then your original Assistant recognizes your drone as P2 and X1 channel activates).

dave21 said:
Well, it is always good to be careful. But i did it on my P2V and it works fine. I dont have the lever yet but i will get it soon. The software seems to be a modification of original Assistant there is only two clicks if u switch your drone to P2vision ir P2 (then your original Assistant recognizes your drone as P2 and X1 channel activates).

Apologies dave21 it was just the odd look of the way the screen came up on my Mac and that you currently have a low post count that made me suspicious. No offence intended and thanks for drawing this option to members attention.

Shrimpy

No problem, I was wondering about 7th channel for some time. I visit our czech forum www.rcmania.cz and do not post to international. But when i finally found the solution i wanted to share, since i felt you guys r very keen on the lever on tx. If you have doubts go and check the rcgroups topic. There r even screenshots of the software. U can also share your concern about it. However i dont like that forum coz there is everything in one thread. Hundreds pages to read. Cheers from Prague, Czech republic, Europe. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z