Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE . . .
Went out the other day and did another test video with the copter and the Dronexpert gimbal. still very happy with it, although my copter is tracking left all the time now. . . which I don't fault DE Gimbal. I've calibrated it several times and it still tracks way off. So the video is more shaky than I would have liked.

I also just through in some color correction in to continue to see how the FC200 handles it. . . it doesn't. . which is sad, but hey, its a $1,200 flying machine. . . cant have it all.

Here is a link to the latest video...

http://youtu.be/oA54h9IUoOg

THOUGHTS?

Studiowise said:
DronePeter said:
I hate to see your stupid face with the coffee cup on every thread.

You don't have to, pretty sure that's why the Foe list exists.
I use it to hide the posts of those who's info I don't value or those that think directing abuse at others somehow makes them right.

(Waits for f@ck off Studiowise)

Yes, it's exactly why the list exists... but now you quoted it I can see it, as you're not on my list :roll: Don't feed or quote the trolls, everyone. But at least it's confirmation that I've had the right person on the list for all this time. :)

Also if he could actually see my face he'd probably hate it even more - so in a way I've done him a favour. I've always been a giver. [insert your own joke here].

whitelens said:
Went out the other day and did another test video with the copter and the Dronexpert gimbal. still very happy with it, although my copter is tracking left all the time now. . . which I don't fault DE Gimbal. I've calibrated it several times and it still tracks way off. So the video is more shaky than I would have liked.

I also just through in some color correction in to continue to see how the FC200 handles it. . . it doesn't. . which is sad, but hey, its a $1,200 flying machine. . . cant have it all.

THOUGHTS?

I like. Keep them coming. That is what this is all about. Thanks

whitelens said:

THOUGHTS?

Great job, thanks for sharing.. I'm on a count down and my gimbal is two days away :D

whitelens said:

Thoughts are. Love the feel and the music fitted perfectly. The colour was a little too saturated for my liking but that's always going to be a thing of personal tastes.
I also remember thinking "who left that canoe there?"
Mine arrived from DE today. Looks like the weather might break for Thursday.

I got my shipment notification this morning! Very excited to get out there and use it. It's estimating Monday for delivery, so I guess they used cheaper Fedex shipping. I don't recall an option for faster shipping (or maybe it was too expensive).

I ordered in Jan 5th if anyone was wondering.

whitelens said:

THOUGHTS?

Nice, a little oversaturated for my taste. Have you tried saving the original mp4 to an uncompressed format before you color correct? I've found that works pretty well.

disjecta said:
whitelens said:

THOUGHTS?

Nice, a little oversaturated for my taste. Have you tried saving the original mp4 to an uncompressed format before you color correct? I've found that works pretty well.

Like QuickTime or avi?

WhiteLens that video looks good to me. Nice choice of music as well. Felt like I was in an action movie. Great job.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

CunningStuntFlyer said:
Scottrod said:
LOL. I'm misquoting you? How so? Maybe my quote button works differently than yours. ;-)

Yes, you did misquote me, right here:

"You simply said (and I quote), "The props are irrelevant".

The full quote, in context, is:

"The props are irrelevant. There are other examples of gimbaled Vision cameras, using stock props with plenty of jello in bright sunshine. This is clearly an issue with the isolation system and/or the limitations of the mediocre FC200."

I realize that you're having lots of trouble following the bouncing ball here. Please let me know if you need any more help.

p.s. What did you hope to gain by lying about having an engineering degree?

1. You're a jerkoff
2. I have a mechanical engineering degree from Pennsylvania State University and also sell real estate part time
3. I would send you a copy of my degree if I actually gave a **** what you think or thought you wouldn't try to steal my identity.
4. I still didn't misquote you, *******. You said, "The props are irrelevant. There are other examples of gimbaled Vision cameras, using stock props with plenty of jello in bright sunshine. This is clearly an issue with the isolation system and/or the limitations of the mediocre FC200." (Made sure to properly quote you, don't worry!). As I said previously, you're wrong. Props will affect and cause jello if unbalanced. You are WRONG! Own it! Face up to it!
5. I find it quite amusing that you continue to think your responses portray you as witty.
6. You're now on my foe list. I don't have time for an ignoramus such as yourself.

All others: I sincerely apologize for my behavior. I can't stand ignorant arrogant people and I let my temper get the best of me. Please, let's get back to the original topic as I'm excited about the release of new gimbals for the P2V.

whitelens said:

THOUGHTS?

Video looked really good. Nice and stable. I'm in love with the ability to point straight down. Very cool shot.

Anyone of you who has the gimbal did the range test?
..i have some doubts about the transmission distance of wi fi

DiegoF said:

Yep -- that's the big question -- do we need to mod the cam for external antennas with the gimbal?

The only other one reported as tested here is with a PV with a range fault anyway, i think...

Studiowise -- how is your gimbal, tested it yet? :)

gpauk said:
DiegoF said:

Yep -- that's the big question -- do we need to mod the cam for external antennas with the gimbal?

The only other one reported as tested here is with a PV with a range fault anyway, i think...

Studiowise -- how is your gimbal, tested it yet? :)

TBH its killing me, i'm flat out working at the mo and haven't even got it in the air yet. Hope to be home this Friday though. I'm off to see an electronic engineering company first though to see if they can work a mod on the tx for me. Will see if that works out and let people know the progress.
Did some testing on the moongel and it should work better than the supplied pads (in theory anyway!)

Studiowise said:
TBH its killing me, i'm flat out working at the mo and haven't even got it in the air yet. Hope to be home this Friday though. I'm off to see an electronic engineering company first though to see if they can work a mod on the tx for me. Will see if that works out and let people know the progress.
Did some testing on the moongel and it should work better than the supplied pads (in theory anyway!)

Yeah -- between work and the weather I've not got much flying time in lately either... :(

Well, fingers crossed!

gpauk said:
DiegoF said:

Still waiting for my gimbal however plan to add 2 omni directional to the cam, what would you guys suggest be the best place to fit them?

also upgrading the 2 5.8's to omni's however already know where there going :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finestheatingn