Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

Ok, here you go. . not exactly the type of test I wanted to do, but you will get the idea.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/HWRbBJ6HmsI[/youtube]

whitelens said:
Ok, here you go. . not exactly the type of test I wanted to do, but you will get the idea.

Problem with link try this

http://youtu.be/HWRbBJ6HmsI

whitelens said:

Well done you are the first person to actually post a video of the new gimbal in use. Actually whilst its not probably how you would have wished it to be its actually a very useful example for people to study. Also its one of the rare occasions where it not being edited assists.

I think its a hell of an improvement over the stock phantom. Its clear it suffers from the visibility of the props like the Gopro but I think thats going to be easy to work around.

At times there are some vertical shudders. I wonder what is causing them, is it when GPS lock is enabled ? Were you flying in ATTI mode ?

Well done, glad it was unharmed. Thanks for posting.

Shrimpy

Thanks for the post! It is awesome to see how smooth it really can be!

Does the Ch7 switch work to rotate the camera if you DON'T have the Gimbal, but are just using the App tilting?

Shrimpfarmer said:
whitelens said:

Well done you are the first person to actually post a video of the new gimbal in use. Actually whilst its not probably how you would have wished it to be its actually a very useful example for people to study. Also its one of the rare occasions where it not being edited assists.

I think its a hell of an improvement over the stock phantom. Its clear it suffers from the visibility of the props like the Gopro but I think thats going to be easy to work around.

At times there are some vertical shudders. I wonder what is causing them, is it when GPS lock is enabled ? Were you flying in ATTI mode ?

Well done, glad it was unharmed. Thanks for posting.

Shrimpy

Yes, well done, and thanks for posting.... I will be happy (ier) when mine arrives :)

szobell said:
Thanks for the post! It is awesome to see how smooth it really can be!

Does the Ch7 switch work to rotate the camera if you DON'T have the Gimbal, but are just using the App tilting?
I've noticed in "Hard banks" the gimbal hits the lower side of the "shelve" it is on. And I think that is where some of the jitters are coming from. Also, please note that my 7 channel is not working again, a flaw of my particular copter . . . not Dronexperts.

Obviously, the camera tilts down in the video. . . still dont know why . . . also, as far as the props go, remember three things:

1) the gimbal tilts up WAY MORE than the stock PV2 settings.
2) I was on full "wide"
3) crop it out in post if need be.

I like that I have the options. . I also LOVE the fact that it can point straight down!!!
Jerry

whitelens said:
OK. . so (and I'll post a video real quick" . . that was CLOSE!! Had my first fly away . . wfi extender ran out of juice while the copter was high far!!! Spent the last hour looking for it!! AND FOUND IT. .Safe and sound. Was rolling the whole time .. so pretty dang funny. It just stayed 300' up and stayed there as my car kept driving by looking for it!

Anyway, WOW!! This gimbal is amazing. . did some "fast runs" and it looks so impressive! This is what we have been waiting for all this time! This is AMAZING!! If you have not ordered one, go get it!!! It rocks!!! Oh man, I wish my unit was 100% healthy, i'd be flying it all day!!! WOW! WOW! WOW!!! The PV2 just got a professional makeover!

When you lost wifi connection with the Phantom out of sight, did you consider triggering RTH? Glad you found the Phantom!

Looking forward to seeing more videos with the P2V gimbal installed.

[/quote]

When you lost wifi connection with the Phantom out of sight, did you consider triggering RTH? Glad you found the Phantom!

Looking forward to seeing more videos with the P2V gimbal installed.[/quote]
my RTH doesnt work . . . bad mother board or something!
Really sucks

BManCan said:
whitelens said:
OK. . so (and I'll post a video real quick" . . that was CLOSE!! Had my first fly away . . wfi extender ran out of juice while the copter was high far!!! Spent the last hour looking for it!! AND FOUND IT. .Safe and sound. Was rolling the whole time .. so pretty dang funny. It just stayed 300' up and stayed there as my car kept driving by looking for it!

Anyway, WOW!! This gimbal is amazing. . did some "fast runs" and it looks so impressive! This is what we have been waiting for all this time! This is AMAZING!! If you have not ordered one, go get it!!! It rocks!!! Oh man, I wish my unit was 100% healthy, i'd be flying it all day!!! WOW! WOW! WOW!!! The PV2 just got a professional makeover!

Looking forward to seeing more videos with the P2V gimbal installed.

2 days ago i had an similar encounter.. .. Flew the p2v real high and far... Had a glitch in video telemetry.. Took my eyes off of the phantom for a few seconds.. When i looked back .. For the life of me i could not see it in the sky or even hear it!....a good Minuit passed and i still could not spot it.. Got really anxious!
My p2v is in nazam mode so the s1 switch lower position is programed for failsafe return home mode!
I flicked the switch and waited about 30 secs or so.. Nothing!........ Then slowly i started hearing the phantom getting closer.. Then suddenly Shazam it was hovering above my head at about 200 feet when i spotted it.
The baby came home ... I was blown away.. Real cool!

Pull_Up said:
Off topic: But if you had it in NAZAM mode and had switched on IOC and you had a good lock before you took off then you could have flicked S2 into Home Lock mode and just pulled back on the right stick, too.
Yes.. Of course.. But i had done more testing of the failsafe mode and not so much home lock mode

I felt a bit more confident with the failsafe mode !
Plus because the phantom was so high. I thought fails safe will land it for me or drop it lower.. I dont think home lock lowers the altitude ? Does it ?

No, no change in height with IOC modes - you still have throttle control, though, for manual adjustment of height.

Back to topic: now we need a nice, calm video with fully functioning equipment to really see what the properly stabilized Vision camera can do. That first video shows rather a lot of promise!

As I said, we need some nice calm flying! You can tell he was tanking it in the first section. All gimbals will show props at big tilt angles. A little judicious work with that 7th channel lever would help. The slower speed stuff was nice, and the truly straight down shots were fab - that's a whole new avenue for the Vision.

Pull_Up said:
As I said, we need some nice calm flying! You can tell he was tanking it in the first section. All gimbals will show props at big tilt angles. A little judicious work with that 7th channel lever would help. The slower speed stuff was nice, and the truly straight down shots were fab - that's a whole new avenue for the Vision.

I'm jesting ;) . I emailed Dronexpert about the amount of props visible in their flight duration test and they were confident they could dial most of it out. When going for footage I will no way be tearing it up like he was as I really don't want to be adding cropping to my video workflow. It's a real shame his P2V wasn't on song for him as I really do think this has got great potential.

dave21 said:
tmsound said:
7th chanel installation video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuAhUXKvVBc

Looks like they have made there own reciver for the 7th chanel??

Hey all Vision addicted. Make your wet 7th channel dream come true now. 2 minutes to go. Than you use google and find your own lever.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26990728&postcount=255
Note: you wont have it in your app anymore, but you can always switch back.

Hi Dave this software is working ? are you shure ?

Dronexpert is telling me that I have to wait another 2-5 weeks for delivery. WOW.. Guess it will give the other makers a chance to get my business. :x

AllanVB said:
Dronexpert is telling me that I have to wait another 2-5 weeks for delivery. WOW.. Guess it will give the other makers a chance to get my business. :x
When did you order yours or thinkng about makng an order?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West