DroneKinetics ND filters?

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with DroneKinetics filters for their Phantom? Amazon.com: DroneKinetics package of ND2,ND4,ND8,ND16 filters and polarizer for DJI Phantom3: Camera & Photo and Products. I'm a very amateur photographer, just got my first Phantom Advanced a couple weeks ago, and was thinking these might be an inexpensive way to start experimenting with ND filtering. If I order from Amazon, they should be here by the weekend when the weather is supposed to be sunny and beautiful...

I've also looked at phantomfilters.com so I'd be open to hear thoughts on those as well.

Thanks!

From what I can see, these apparently fit between the stock filter & lens. IMO, they'd receive too much handling leaving smudges that may be difficult to remove. I paid more for my ND 8 & ND 16 filters from AlleRC.com. But they are actually identical to the stock DJI filter & screw right in perfectly giving me no touching the lens filter at all. More expensive but truly a great investment for me, with exceptional quality. They are NOT made for the P3S however.

Reactions: Airgoz
I purchased them, thinking just like you that they are cheap and can figure out best way to use them. I used the PL lens first, I placed it inside the original UV lens and thought it was a great idea didn't change the look, weight not being an issue. I was very happy with the results. I then went to remove it and it seemed to stick inside the lens, I assume from static electricity, I couldn't get it out without touching it with my finger. It left a nice fingerprint on the filter. I then used a brand new microfiber lens cleaning cloth straight out of the package. I did not apply very much pressure at all, it removed the fingerprint very nicely, but left scratches all over it. Now in my videos it left a "sun flare streak" on each of the scratches whenever I am facing the sun, even if I am pointing the camera slightly towards the ground.

I was going to purchase the DitzCo ND filters because they have a tab you can use to install & remove without touching the lens. But they are a slip on type.

I am trying to decide on TacoRC or Polar Pro Filters now

Replacing filters like DroneKinetics at the field is a real pain. I suggest not to go for such filters.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl