Drone use for public safety or LEO's

Good Afternoon,

Just wanted to introduce myself to my fellow LEO or Pro LEO members. This is my first time registering on the forum and look forward to learning from you seasoned veterans. I am heading up the drone service for my dept. We just purchased the DJI Pro Plus for our unit and will be using it for investigative purposes relative to active crimes in progress or long term cases. Thoughts on getting started and 1st steps to take with mapping on the DJI? Thx Lou.

Welcome to the forum :)

Mapping is a fairly broad term and the instructions are according to what you're planning to do.

IMHO the easier mapping solution (especially for small projects) is using Maps Made Easy. You download MapPilot from MME and it choreographs the flight and autonomously flies the mission for you. You then upload the DATA to MME for processing and to make the final product.

Another similar option is using Drone Deploy. Again the Ap flies the aircraft capturing images at the right point along the path and afterwards you upload the DATA to their servers for processing.

If you have the knowledge, software and desire you can process your images in-house. This is the most convenient (especially if you're out in the field and don't have internet access) solution but also the most expensive.

Reactions: V tail
V tail... I believe we are.. Above my Pay Grade.. LOL... I was medically retired in 2007 after 22 years due to multiple knee and back surgeries (altercation on duty).. Was asked to retire and move to Crime Scene where I started this Drone program.. Been with CSI for 11 years now..

Reactions: BigAl07
.... Been with CSI for 11 years now..

I love that show LOL! (well I really do).

That's pretty awesome you started the Drone program. That's HUGE!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor