DRONE STUCK IN 100' TREE

Reaction score
Dear All,

To state the obvious, I am extremely frustrated with myself.

First, I tried lassoing it with weights and a hook on the end of some rope. But it was too high. Then, I tried getting exercise bands and tried shooting potatoes near it. I tried fishing line attached to some bolts, and shot them up with a slingshot in hopes that I could shake the branches. My friends and I tried to used a fishing rod and tried casting up to the tree. Yesterday, I built a PVC/slingshot cannon to launch dowels. But alas, nothing... Fire brigade won't help and it's too high with a ladder. Just a side note I am in Scotland atm.

Does anyone have any helpful tips?

Did you contact a company that offers tree removal services? They might have the tools/manpower to help you safely get it down.

Did you contact a company that offers tree removal services? They might have the tools/manpower to help you safely get it down.
So the tree is in the middle of a boggy field with absolutely no road access. I was talking with my dad and we assumed the cost of getting them out there would outweigh the cost of the drone. I'm gonna make some phone calls now though

So the tree is in the middle of a boggy field with absolutely no road access. I was talking with my dad and we assumed the cost of getting them out there would outweigh the cost of the drone. I'm gonna make some phone calls now though
Has it Rained since the mishap occurred? If it has, chances are your Drone is SHOT! Unfortunately, electronics don't like moisture of any kind and especially rain.

I had my Yuneec H crash land in a Tree, fortunately it was on my property and I had a neighbor with a Cherry Picker, who got it down from about 75 ft. up. Only prop damage.

It would be great if you could keep this post updated to your actions.

Take Care, sorry for your mishap.

Has it Rained since the mishap occurred? If it has, chances are your Drone is SHOT! Unfortunately, electronics don't like moisture of any kind and especially rain.

I had my Yuneec H crash land in a Tree, fortunately it was on my property and I had a neighbor with a Cherry Picker, who got it down from about 75 ft. up. Only prop damage.

It would be great if you could keep this post updated to your actions.

Take Care, sorry for your mishap.

Thanks, I've been absolutely devastated recently. You really lucked out!

To makes things worse, I have report due today and all I wanted to do is spend my whole week out there trying :(

Just spoke with a tree guy, he said earliest time is next week and it would cost about 250 pounds or nearly $300. If it's already fried I would be beyond pissed. There's no way DJI would be able to replace it or repair if I don thave a the DJI care plan?

There's no way DJI would be able to replace it or repair if I don thave a the DJI care plan?
They will still fix/replace it, but it will not be covered under warranty if you crashed due to pilot error.

They will still fix/replace it, but it will not be covered under warranty if you crashed due to pilot error.

Im just weighing my options. Either spend more and more money trying to retrieve it or use that money towards a new drone (it's a phantom 3 standard btw). I've spent around $50 already on materials, and that would be $300 more.

So if I retrieve it and its broken do you think it would cost less than $150 to repair it? By then it might be worth it to have a second battery buying a new one...what do you think?

Put a plea out on facebook if you use it, you never know you might have a friend of a friend who does climbing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

$20 grappling hook from ebay and some practice.

Dear All,

First, I tried lassoing it with weights and a hook on the end of some rope. But it was too high. Then, I tried getting exercise bands and tried shooting potatoes near it. I tried fishing line attached to some bolts, and shot them up with a slingshot in hopes that I could shake the branches. My friends and I tried to used a fishing rod and tried casting up to the tree. Yesterday, I built a PVC/slingshot cannon to launch dowels. But alas, nothing... Fire brigade won't help and it's too high with a ladder. Just a side note I am in Scotland atm.

I think I read on here somewhere of a fellow using another drone and a hook and line for something like this.

Even if it's had the gong you would still be able to use it for parts. Come to think of it you'd probably double your money seeing some of us have a need for the odd piece or three.

Dear All,

Spend 100 bucks on abs pipe like 1.5 abs pipe 10 foot long sections and some fittings and the glue for them.You and your friends carry them out to where the drone is stuck bring a hacksaw as well.Glue them all together the glue takes minutes and then its solid get the drone out of the tree cut up the sections of pipe go home list pipe online for sale for half the cost you paid and you got your drone back

Reactions: DaveD
Spend 100 bucks on abs pipe like 1.5 abs pipe 10 foot long sections and some fittings and the glue for them.You and your friends carry them out to where the drone is stuck bring a hacksaw as well.Glue them all together the glue takes minutes and then its solid get the drone out of the tree cut up the sections of pipe go home list pipe online for sale for half the cost you paid and you got your drone back
thats a pretty good idea! you think it'll hold together up to 100 feet up??

There was a story in a local paper here about a drone that was stuck in a tree and another drone pilot came and using a hook attached to the landing legs was able to snag it and bring it down. I don't know what make drone the rescuer had, but I have my doubts that another P3 or P4 could lift it's own weight.

There was a story in a local paper here about a drone that was stuck in a tree and another drone pilot came and using a hook attached to the landing legs was able to snag it and bring it down. I don't know what make drone the rescuer had, but I have my doubts that another P3 or P4 could lift it's own weight.
I just posted to a facebook group....I was thinking about maybe buying like syma drone for cheap and flying it over the tree with fishing wire?

Reactions: Summerpaws

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan