Drone ressurection possible? [YES!]

Reaction score
My neighbor has a phantom 2 vision drone that fell in the water ..i know.. some time ago. I took the drone, i was able to update the main controller to the latest available firmware. Yes the MC was still working, until today when i tried to test the GPS device, not sure why it is not working today. My question is, how do i individually test the components like gps, compass, esc, etc... the main board is dead i think, the battery is fully charged but the drone stays quiet. I was able to find a youtube site to connect the MC directly to Windows 10. The GPS antenna is not cracked and the device is getting 5volts, i have check it with my multimeter.

I will desolder the inboard components to test them out.

Update: to my surprise, my neighbor gave me the drone. There is more tests i need to do before the drone can safely fly.

Last edited:
Hopefully, close enough to hear our howling! Lol

I wish to fix this drone for my neighbors' son. A repair shop said it was not worth it, i think a proper diagnostic is important first.

Hopefully, close enough to hear our howling! Lol

I wish to fix this drone for my neighbors' son. A repair shop said it was not worth it, i think a proper diagnostic is important first.

Connect it to the assistant software and see what it reports

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka