Drone Repair Insurance, "piece of mind"

Reaction score
I posted the following review on Amazon, regarding Neary Aerial Media (NAM).

I wouldn't back out of my driveway without auto insurance and I wouldn't fly my P3P 10 feet without a NAM policy. It's peace of mind insurance and worth every penny. As long as you can retrieve it, they will fix it, fly it into a wall, a tree, or even into a lake they will fix it. I had cracks around my motors and they payed the freight both ways and put a new shell on my bird. Matt was very responsive to my email, sent me a shipping label and my bird was off to get repaired. Met my every expectation, highly recommended.

Last edited:
thanks looks like I need that next

I posted the following review on Amazon, regarding Neary Aerial Media (NAM).

I wouldn't back out of my driveway without auto insurance and I wouldn't fly my P3P 10 feet without a NAM policy. It's piece of mind insurance and worth every penny. As long as you can retrieve it, they will fix it, fly it into a wall, a tree, or even into a lake they will fix it. I had cracks around my motors and they payed the freight both ways and put a new shell on my bird. Matt was very responsive to my email, sent me a shipping label and my bird was off to get repaired. Met my every expectation, highly recommended.

I also have a NAM policy. I emailed Matt with a few questions and he was quick to respond. PRice was right so I grabbed it.

How long did they take to replace your shell? I sent mine in over a month ago to NAM and they are still working on it.

Does anyone have a link for NAM?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I signed up for their insurance. From what I have read, they seem to be reliable and easy to work with in case your phantom get damaged.

I will probably get this on my Phantom 4 but I'm a little skeptical after clicking on the gold protection package for my bird. It shows there are 9 positive reviews which do not exist and then asks me to be the first to review? Kinda makes me think it's exaggerating its view as a positive rated item rather than allowing the consumer to do so. Or could be looking at it wrong? I'll decide based on the experiences I get from this group I guess.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good to hear your review of their coverage. My only concern is it doesn't cover crashes caused by loss of power according to the contract. The rep told me on their thread they have (unofficially, I'm sure) a "don't ask, don't tell" policy when it comes to claims. Essentially reassuring me that they won't dig into the cause of a crash with flight data analysis in order to pay a claim. Hopefully this is true. As we all know, getting DJI to cover a warranty claim assumes the pilot is guilty until proven innocent.

Reactions: launchpad26

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl