Drone Logbook

Lots coming out in the next week and a half. Stay tuned!

Hey Kevin,

So a couple big bugs I am seeing right now...My DJI GO flight logs keep syncing...It just keeps duplicating data. I delete them and it re-adds more of the same logs....It has really screwed up my logs as I have now ended up deleting Litchi logs as well. Thankfully I keep them all backed up on my computer, but I don't want to mess around with the website anymore until this gets fixed as everything is just going haywire with my logs.

Also, is there a way to shut off DJI GO auto sync? I can't figure it out and since I really only use Litchi now, I have no issues just manually adding my logs. Because of all the bugs right now I would actually really prefer that.

Like some of the new interfaces showing up. They are buggy but I get it, its new. My biggest concern right now is how crazy the logs are acting..

Thanks for the help.

Hey @Rosey good to hear from you and happy to help.

Interesting point about duplicating the data. Does this only happen for the logs that you delete, or does it also happen for logs that you haven't deleted? i.e. are you seeing 2 of the same log, or is it just that a deleted log is showing up again?

I'd be happy to shut off your DJI GO auto-sync. I'll let our dev team know.

Other than the logs duplicating, is there anything else that is messing up?

Thanks Kevin.

It doesn't matter if I delete logs or not. So it is duplicating logs that have not been deleted. But then if I delete these duplicates more will just show up...Sometimes a few times.

Only other glitch I have to note right now is when you enter the flight data (so when click a specific flight) you cannot hit the home button on the left to exit the flight log. The only way to exit the log is to click the back button on your browser.

Otherwise I am loving the new changes randomly showing up.

Hey @Rosey,

Understood. We're going to dig in and see what's happening. Can you PM me the exact flight names that are getting duplicated? That'd be super helpful for us in order to debug.

Glad you like the flight details :) It is very buggy but shouldn't be in the next 48 hours. More to come.

Reactions: Rosey
Hey @Rosey,

Understood. We're going to dig in and see what's happening. Can you PM me the exact flight names that are getting duplicated? That'd be super helpful for us in order to debug.

Glad you like the flight details :) It is very buggy but shouldn't be in the next 48 hours. More to come.
Hey Kevin,

It isn't one specific flight. It is all my DJI Go flight logs. The litchi ones do not seem to be duplicating, but I am guessing this is because DJI Go is setup to auto sync data and it just keeps pulling it?? Not sure, just a guess because Litchi data is not duplicating.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks again for all the help Kevin.

Hey Kevin,

It isn't one specific flight. It is all my DJI Go flight logs. The litchi ones do not seem to be duplicating, but I am guessing this is because DJI Go is setup to auto sync data and it just keeps pulling it?? Not sure, just a guess because Litchi data is not duplicating.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks again for all the help Kevin.

No problem. I'll see if other users are experiencing the same issues. Thank you for being patient :)

Hey Kevin,

Just wanted to give you an update...

I tried getting back into the website tonight and it is still adding logs...I decided to start over by deleting them all and I was just going to manually upload them (thankfully I keep an offline copy). With that said, I kept trying to delete them and the system kept adding them in...Almost as fast as I was deleting them. My theory is it just keeps adding them from DJI Sync even though I don't want it to.

Hey Rosey,

Thanks for the update. We are in the process of determining why your flight logs in particular are experiencing this duplicating issue - seems to be a bit of a corner case because your account is the only one I know of that is seeing this.

I have notified our dev team to stop your syncing process and they will get to it soon. We are aiming to push out many new features in the next week and they are heads down in that. Thank you for your patience as we sort these things out.

Hey Kevin,

I have been using Litchi for a while. Today I decided to run a flight in DJI Go. I came back to upload the flight and realized the website does not actually recognize DJI flight logs (manual upload option). Are there any plans to change this soon? It seems odd that you can have it auto sync DJI Go but can't manually upload them.

1 Other suggestion I thought I would bring up...Props under equipment. Technically you should only put x hours on a set of props. With that said, it would be nice to assign props under the equipment portion to know when you started using new ones. Even better would be the option to assign them to specific flights as is allowed with batteries. This would allow them to be quickly tracked for hours.

Still loving the site Kevin, thanks for what you are doing.

Here is one available for both Excel and Numbers: Free Drone Flight Log Book – The Drone Trainer

Thank you for the link... Just downloaded it and entered my 2 years of logs... I made an excel spread sheet on my own, but I aint got the smarts enough to figure out how to make them add everything together.. LOL.. This does it for you. LOVE THE LOG !!!!! Type in date, which drone, take off time, location, time in the air, # of take-off's and landings... and it sums it all up in a nice neat spread sheet... Now, to figure out if I should have separate one for work and personal... Hmmmm...

Hey Kevin,

I have been using Litchi for a while. Today I decided to run a flight in DJI Go. I came back to upload the flight and realized the website does not actually recognize DJI flight logs (manual upload option). Are there any plans to change this soon? It seems odd that you can have it auto sync DJI Go but can't manually upload them.

1 Other suggestion I thought I would bring up...Props under equipment. Technically you should only put x hours on a set of props. With that said, it would be nice to assign props under the equipment portion to know when you started using new ones. Even better would be the option to assign them to specific flights as is allowed with batteries. This would allow them to be quickly tracked for hours.

Still loving the site Kevin, thanks for what you are doing.

Hey Rosey, thanks for checking back in! Let me look into why the site doesn't recognize the manual upload option - the site should recognize the log files even for a manual upload.

Understood about props. With everything else on our plate at the moment, I don't think that we'll be able to add props to the equipment section in the near future. But, I've already added it to our list of growing items to re-consider after we've pushed out all the core features we're working on right now.

Once these features are pushed out I'll be sure to post on here. I'll also keep you updated on the DJI GO manual upload option.

@Rosey I spoke with the dev team and they said currently you unfortunately can't upload DJI GO files manually. The reason is that the way we convert the files are slightly different between auto-syncing and manual uploads. It's a relatively quick fix and I've made a note for us to get to it - I think we should get to it in the next 1-2 weeks. Hope you understand!

I get this error on dronelogbook, any ideas?

Error: Failed to sign in. Update your DJI GO to latest version

and my dji go on latest version (ios)

Thank you for the link... Just downloaded it and entered my 2 years of logs... I made an excel spread sheet on my own, but I aint got the smarts enough to figure out how to make them add everything together.. LOL.. This does it for you. LOVE THE LOG !!!!! Type in date, which drone, take off time, location, time in the air, # of take-off's and landings... and it sums it all up in a nice neat spread sheet... Now, to figure out if I should have separate one for work and personal... Hmmmm...

Glad you like it! :)

@kevinm I haven't signed up yet and was wondering if you have a method to export all the data from your app in a useable format. I have been burned using note apps and RSS apps that, for whatever reason, become defunct and stop working. I am left with a lot of "trapped" data which is next to useless. I have looked at your competitors, Kittyhawk, Dronelogbook, and hover, none of which offer export as a feature listed. Maybe a way to differentiate your product from the crowd.

@monkmartinez we don't currently offer a way to export data, although it's on our product roadmap.

What're your thoughts on products on the market right now? What do you feel needs to be improved based on products you've tried?

We use DroneLogbook for tracking commercial flights, pilots, projects, and equipment, as well as creating reports. It works very well, and you can upload all your past flights as well as future flights.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl