Drone Logbook

Reaction score
So I did a search and was surprised there was not much in regards to people using logbooks.

I am trying to find the best one and curious what others are using. I was going to settle with healthdrones.com but was shocked to learn how they only keep your last couple hundred flights (which I'm guessing many people here have well surpassed).

So what (if anything) are people using to log all their flights?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

The Go4 app already does a pretty good job of logging flights, right down to keeping the entire track/event log for real-time playback.

The Go4 app already does a pretty good job of logging flights, right down to keeping the entire track/event log for real-time playback.
Yea, part of what I don't like about relying on that is you can't add notes, and I just started using the litchi app. So I want to be able to keep them all together somewhere.

Reactions: AyeYo
Yea, part of what I don't like about relying on that is you can't add notes, and I just started using the litchi app. So I want to be able to keep them all together somewhere.

Mmmm good point

I created a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet logfile of all my flights not only from my Phantom 3, but also include flights from my Cheerson CX-20.

Reactions: Rosey

What kind of stuff do you keep in your log? I've been debating making some kind of Excel or Samsung Notes check sheet to use as "proof of pre-flight inspection" since I fly commercially.

What kind of stuff do you keep in your log? I've been debating making some kind of Excel or Samsung Notes check sheet to use as "proof of pre-flight inspection" since I fly commercially.
The regular log files. But I also like to randomly add notes. Such as "Flight was done to work on aircraft manuverability" or "flight was at x with the purpose of x"

Just a way to keep extra notes. I think someday in the future the FAA might start to make logbooks a requirement or proof of hours a thing when applying for a license. Plus I also just like to have the data for my records...That way I can track my total flight hours etc.

Reactions: skyegg and AyeYo
What are you missing or not liking in DroneLogbook?
I've been using it for about 4 months and love it. Being able too sync straight with your DJI account for flight logs saves a lot of messing about. It's great that you can either bulk edit flights logs if you want to add the same information. It will import all the weather details recorded for that day and add the information to your log.
Having an app that you can quickly interrogate rather than jumping on the computer is handy in the field . I don't think I've found anything about it I don't like. Oh and it's free for personal use to.

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Ron Davis
So I did a search and was surprised there was not much in regards to people using logbooks.

I am trying to find the best one and curious what others are using. I was going to settle with healthdrones.com but was shocked to learn how they only keep your last couple hundred flights (which I'm guessing many people here have well surpassed).

So what (if anything) are people using to log all their flights?

I use the Hover app it seems to log everything I am looking for.

I grabbed a spare field book from work (land surveyor) for exactly this.
I only have 3 flights completed thus far, but I would like to log details such as weather, flight time/duration, and location.

Obviously, much of that is in the flight logs, but I would rather have a hard-copy, consolidated resource for my flights. As applied to a plethora of flight logs on the computer.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

NVdrones makes it easy to log flights, checklists, personnel, equipment, etc. You can check out our web app at nvdrones.com and our Android app at NVDash - Premium Drone Logbook - Android Apps on Google Play.

We are making a BIG update to our web app in the next week (including DJI GO automatic syncing), let me know if anyone wants to help us beta test.

NVdrones makes it easy to log flights, checklists, personnel, equipment, etc. You can check out our web app at nvdrones.com and our Android app at NVDash - Premium Drone Logbook - Android Apps on Google Play.

We are making a BIG update to our web app in the next week (including DJI GO automatic syncing), let me know if anyone wants to help us beta test.
Just went in search of the app to see about giving it a try and it isn't even available for my phone...I have the LG V20 which is a new and updated phone..

I decided to make my own using Keynote on my iPad. Very simple: Date, Time Flown, Total Flight Time, Location, Coordinates, and Batteries used. I also made a spreadsheet to keep track of my expenses and maintenance for each of the quads.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just went in search of the app to see about giving it a try and it isn't even available for my phone...I have the LG V20 which is a new and updated phone..

I'm sorry about that, we are aware of compatibility issues with newer devices. What version of Android are you running?

This should be resolved in the next 2 weeks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic