Drone Dropper...

Reaction score
Hello could some please advise , I need a light weight drone that has the ability to lower a 5ounce lead weight with baited hook and trace some 200 meters away. Is there products out there to make this a simple task? Basically the area I want to fish is out of casting range at least for friends and I. Therefore a neat drone could become an essential cheat for out of range Fishing. Thanks for reading and hopefully what is needed is out there....

Yip p3s I reckon to,,at least it be reliable,,I use my p4 to take line out for surfcaster,certainly glad it comes back too I hate swimming,,I not use no dropper device just piece of wire off the back to clip line to,when I tighten reel drag the line drops while I still going foward so no risk of entanglement,,,great fun this way of fishing

Reactions: Phill2
I use a Phantom 2 vision plus have a clothes pin plastic one under the body in the middle lead wired sinker 10 hooks tie a loop in the line put in peg away we go when it gets to the end of the line it pulls out of the peg 600 to 1000 yds turn the control of and wait for the return and it lands within 3 ft of takeoff position and stops about 2 time on 1 battery have done 3. I dont worry about it coming back a lot.What ever way you do it lots of fun.

There is a video on you tube of some guy assisting his friend like this with a Phantom, it was successful, too successful, the fisherman hadn't tied the line end to the spool or some such thing, whoops. Fortunately the tackle must have remained attached to the drone as it seems they were able to recover it

Some around here, Lake Of The Ozarks in particular, were using a r/c boat to get past the barrier at the dam, which has a cable to keep boats away. This was outlawed a few years ago, I believe. Then the drones started showing up, and I think they're illegal now too... Sheesh. Talk about killjoys... I've never done it. Not enough nerve. I'd hate to lose a bird over a fish! Wife would NOT be happy. She's still hot about my latest crash damage.

Some around here, Lake Of The Ozarks in particular, were using a r/c boat to get past the barrier at the dam, which has a cable to keep boats away. This was outlawed a few years ago, I believe. Then the drones started showing up, and I think they're illegal now too... Sheesh. Talk about killjoys... I've never done it. Not enough nerve. I'd hate to lose a bird over a fish! Wife would NOT be happy. She's still hot about my latest crash damage.
Why not find out if r/c boats and planes are in fact forbidden rather than just rant on assumptions?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94